Wine on B2B Legend out of Baltimore

FirstAlto

My husband and I are doing B2B cruises out of Baltimore. We are parking at the port- since it is relatively easy to get to our car, has anyone ever brought 2 more bottles of wine when they re-enter for the 2nd cruise? 
Or it could be anything they limit- sodas, etc 

Would really be nice if possible 

Hi, neighbour!  Yes, you can bring two more bottles of wine and leave it in your car to be retrieved on turnaround day, but I wouldn't recommend it.  The wine could get ruined by sitting in your car for a week - in either hot weather, or just the car getting hot in the sun in cooler weather.  Wine doesn't like heat.  I would suggest you take all four of your allowed bottles on on Embarkation Day of the first leg.  Just show both of your boarding passes.  And for extra help, in case the people checking you in in the terminal give you trouble about it, print out and take the section from Carnival's website saying that you are allowed to do this.  Either way you choose to do it, have a great B2B on that great ship out of that great port!😁

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Hi, neighbour!  Yes, you can bring two more bottles of wine and leave it in your car to be retrieved on turnaround day, but I wouldn't recommend it.  The wine could get ruined by sitting in your car for a week - in either hot weather, or just the car getting hot in the sun in cooler weather.  Wine doesn't like heat.  I would suggest you take all four of your allowed bottles on on Embarkation Day of the first leg.  Just show both of your boarding passes.  And for extra help, in case the people checking you in in the terminal give you trouble about it, print out and take the section from Carnival's website saying that you are allowed to do this.  Either way you choose to do it, have a great B2B on that great ship out of that great port!😁

Thank you so much for your helpful reply! I guess I was trying to avoid schlepping 4 bottles of wine onboard the first cruise - I’ll have to see how much I have in my carry on - I’m having trouble packing for 14 days ( even though I always have PLENTY to wear !!) 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FirstAlto said:

Thank you so much for your helpful reply! I guess I was trying to avoid schlepping 4 bottles of wine onboard the first cruise - I’ll have to see how much I have in my carry on - I’m having trouble packing for 14 days ( even though I always have PLENTY to wear !!) 

I get it.  I pack and schlep a LOT!😄 

What month is your cruise?  If the weather isn't hot and you put your 2nd leg bottles into an insulated bag or cooler, then store it down low in a shady part of your car (maybe even under a blanket), it would probably be fine for a week.  You could even add an ice pack or two to the bag/cooler for good measure.  Under those conditions, it would most likely take several days for the wine to warm up to the extent of being damaged, if it warms up at all.   Good luck!

4 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

I get it.  I pack and schlep a LOT!😄 

What month is your cruise?  If the weather isn't hot and you put your 2nd leg bottles into an insulated bag or cooler, then store it down low in a shady part of your car (maybe even under a blanket), it would probably be fine for a week.  You could even add an ice pack or two to the bag/cooler for good measure.  Under those conditions, it would most likely take several days for the wine to warm up to the extent of being damaged, if it warms up at all.   Good luck!

We are leaving next Sunday - (September 25th) 🥳🥳🥳

Having just completed a B2B on the Legend, it would be more of a pita to leave the ship after the first cruise just to go get the two bottles, than to just carry on all four bottles on in the first place. trust me. :classic_cool:

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Having just completed a B2B on the Legend, it would be more of a pita to leave the ship after the first cruise just to go get the two bottles, than to just carry on all four bottles on in the first place. trust me. :classic_cool:

I actually have lucked out - a couple we are traveling with has offered to bring 2 bottles of wine onboard for me 👍🏻 Now I can REALLY overpack 😂

Were there any internet problems on your cruise ? They’ve already refunded our internet package for the 6 day Bermuda cruise 

• Like 1