Istanbul - tour or DIY?

I don't know if this company does transport between Galataport and a close-by hotel, but we used them to meet us at the airport and take them to our hotel in Sultanahmet.  You pre-pay. Going from the hotel to Galataport, we just had the hotel call for a taxi. 

I believe Istanbul taxis are allowed to charge a little for luggage, or perhaps that's just from the airport to/from a destination.  And some hotels offer to arrange a taxi to pick you up at the airport and bring them to your hotel. Ours also gave instructions to print out and give a taxi driver, as our small hotel was a little off the beaten path on a one-way street.  The price the hotel offered was about the same as Efendi Travel. 

Airport to Sultanahmet —Efendi Travel, Owner Fatih Seyahat ve Turizm Ltd, Cankurtaran Mah, Yeni Akbiyik Cad. No: 30 34122 Sultanahmet Fatih.  +90 (212) 638 63 43, fax: +90 (212) 638 39 22. ER Mobile : +90 (505) 436 26 32 + 90 (554) 371 03 48
E-mail: info@efenditravel.com

On a different subject, I'm attaching a photo of the back of the Galataport building.

_MG_0261 galataport BK Popeyes.JPG

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea