Late documents? Find out why.

jdgirl

This may be my tough luck but with a departure scheduled for 3/12 on the Magica I am finally finding out why we do not have our documents although on Wednesday I was told the flights were booked, we were all on the same flights and the documents were on their way from Genoa. We are a family of 4 and documents for two of us finally arrived at the TA this morning. The other two, tough luck and may get electronic documents. The reason: they have us all on the same flights going out but coming back the other two are on a wait list. So picture this, my husband and I get on and leave my son and grandma behind if we have no luck with the wait list. I was given the option to accept a different flight for the other two and , no , they could not change the flight for my husband and I in order to get us all on the alternate flight. OK, so I am a reasonable person but after reviewing the information I just had to point out a bit of a geographical problem. The final destination happens to be in a state and city where we do not live. Apparently the Costa rep did not pay attention and that shocked the heck out of me! I have no idea yet what they propose to do.

Sorry about the rant, but my advice is that if your documents are late and you booked cruise air, request information about your flights and check with the airlines to see if you are actually booked together with all members in your party both ways. When I check on the Costa web site all 4 of us are listed on the same flights. There is nothing to indicate that 2 are wait-listed or a "Nah, just kidding " notation.

There is no excuse for handling things in this manner. The civilized way to handle this is to tell people right a way if air is a problem before locking in the deal. Don't push them against the departure date before dropping the other shoe!

jdgirl

Archived