Brewers Bay

dogchopper

We are going to be on the Harmony of the Seas next month and have heard great things about  Brewers Bay. I would love a relaxing beach and one that has turtles is a huge bonus.  

How long is the taxi from the port to this beach? Im assuming the port is Charlotte Amalie?  And does anyoe know how much a taxi is and if they are easy to find, especailly on the way back?

Thanks

The taxi ride is approximately 10 minutes and fare should be $5-6 per person each way. Brewers isn't on the current rate sheet so the driver has some discretion on the fare. Just get a quote before you board the taxi.

Keep in mind no chair or snorkel rentals at Brewers and 2 food trucks only for food and drink. There could be loud music blasting on weekends.

Yes, a very nice public bathroom maintained by University. I have a picture of it that I took this year

But there's a portion of the beach with no shade, so on weekends you have to get there early to get a good spot in the shade.

Since there's no taxi stand there, you have to arrange for pick up with the driver who brought you. But you should have backup taxi numbers. I'm going to post the number of a taxi association with a working dispatch in a separate post after I find the number.

Taxi Association with dispatch phone number. There are several associations, and those drivers that belong to one hear the requests for transportation on their radio. The driver closest to you is usually assigned to pick you up, and they give license plate # and ETA.

+13406924292

• Like 1