Largest Princess?

superdxa

Sorry if this has been posted before or not. What ship is the largest in the Princess fleet and where would the Crown Princess land in a size category

The Carribbean is the biggest and the Crown is supposed to be the sister ship to her but may hold a few more, not sure.

marilyn

Measured in terms of number of passengers, the Caribbean Princess is the largest at 3110 passengers. The Crown Princess is then next at 3080 passengers. A few less cabins because the Lotus Spa will span two decks in the Crown Princess. In terms of GRT, currently the Sapphire/Diamond at 116,000 GRTs is largest and then the Caribbean Princess at 113,000 GRT. The Crown is either 116,000 or 113,000 GRT depending on what you read...I've read both from various things that Princess has published about the new Crown. Confusing huh. The rest of the Grand class ships carry 2600 passengers and are 109,000 GRT. Oh I forgot to mention that the Diamond and Sapphire Princess both carry 2670 passengers.

When asking simply "which ship is the largest?" I would think it would be the Sapphire/Diamond because of the GRT. However when looking at passengers of course the Caribbean is, the question becomes, would you like to sail on a ship that is 113 w/ 3100 passengers or 116 w/ 2670 passengers? I don't care for them just adding an extra level of cabins without adding more passenger space. I haven't sailed on it and some have said it isn't that bad, but I'll just sit here and read about it, stick to the ships with around 2600 or less passengers.

comparing the Crown Princess and Norwegian Dawn from what you know which would be bigger? Sorry for these odd questions just trying to compare last years to my future summer cruise.

The Crown will be quite a bit larger than the NCL Dawn, by probably 25% or so, off the top of my head.

Yeah, but length doesn't matter. Width does, which I think is Sapphire/Diamond LOL.

Of course, it's not really the size of the ship, it's the ability to stay in port until all passengers have disembarked LOL

Yeah, but length doesn't matter. Width does, which I think is Sapphire/Diamond LOL.

Of course, it's not really the size of the ship, it's the ability to stay in port until all passengers have disembarked LOL

FUNNY... :D:D:D

Good One Dan...:D ;)

I went into your link for love boat music......what a beautiful port! where is it?

St Thomas, 1999. The ships are, left to right, the former Westerdam, Granduer of the Seas, Grand Princess, and the Sun Princess at anchor. The Norway was anchored just outside the harbour, so I couldn't get it in the shot. One of it's tenders might be visible in the harbour though.

comparing the Crown Princess and Norwegian Dawn from what you know which would be bigger? Sorry for these odd questions just trying to compare last years to my future summer cruise.

The Crown will be much bigger (and better!). A friend and I went on the Dawn in September and were extremely disappointed in comparison to our past cruises. We are so happy to be back on Princess!

Archived