Hotel in Coco Beach

Harrisonkid

La Quinta Oceanfront is a great hotel. Close to Publix and many restaurants. Shuttle, etc.

Most of the 78 rooms have ocean views but the direct oceanfront executive rooms are special not only because of the views but because the balconies are private. The rooms overlooking the pool have side views of the ocean but their balconies are not really private (the design allow your neighbors to see you on your balcony).

You can generally choose between 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed with a Twin Sofa Bed. The cheapest rooms have the poorest views!

We just stayed at the Radisson by the Port on Astronaut Boulevard.  It's a beautiful property with lots of restaurants and Publix within walking distance.  We stayed for two nights last month.  I was in a room with two queen beds (as a single)...rate was $155...no resort fee.   The shuttle fee to the cruiseport was $6/pp.  My friends were in a room with one king bed; they paid a little more because they booked it later than I did...maybe $175.

2 hours ago, lola2013 said:

We just stayed at the Radisson by the Port on Astronaut Boulevard.  It's a beautiful property with lots of restaurants and Publix within walking distance.  We stayed for two nights last month.  I was in a room with two queen beds (as a single)...rate was $155...no resort fee.   The shuttle fee to the cruiseport was $6/pp.  My friends were in a room with one king bed; they paid a little more because they booked it later than I did...maybe $175.

Publix is 2 miles from the Radisson. Too far to walk with groceries but an easy drive! 

10 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

We did it early enough to beat the heat.  And our groceries were limited to some chips to eat on the ship.  

Indeed, that area is flat and great for walking with wide sidewalks, etc. The Racetrac nearby has a fair selection of snacks and wine/beer/etc while staying at the Radisson or nearby hotels!

2 minutes ago, SteerageJoe said:

Indeed, that area is flat and great for walking with wide sidewalks, etc. The Racetrac nearby has a fair selection of snacks and wine/beer/etc while staying at the Radisson or nearby hotels!

Good to know...thanks.  I usually sail from Ft. Lauderdale, but if I'm ever back to Port Canaveral.......

• 3 weeks later...