Harmony Southern Caribbean Cruise - February 4 - 12, 2023

Gabriel L

Hi!
I'm thinking about taking the Harmony Southern Caribbean Cruise, it will be my first cruise experience.
I am 27 years old and I will be going alone.
Anyone boarding too?
Has anyone gone alone? While Atlantis is able to find other solo travelers as well, overall is it a worthwhile experience?
I am afraid of feeling very alone.
I'm not an introvert, but we know very well that there are groups that close themselves off and are not receptive, as if they were a defense.
It would be interesting to find other travelers who speak Portuguese or Spanish, as I am Brazilian. I don't speak fluent English.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gabriel! Welcome to Cruise Critic! It's awesome to know you're thinking of your first cruise.

My partner and I sailed on Harmony in late-February/early-March and loved the ship. I think you will, too. I have never sailed alone, and I'm not planning to be on this specific sailing, but I wanted to still provide advice as a young, gay cruise couple (27 & 30). 

The experience will be whatever you make it, honestly. Most cruisers are fun and friendly. Yes, there is the exceptional folks who may keep to themselves. Not all of them may not be judgy and cliqueish, just introverted or content with their own friends circle. 

You mentioned Atlantis, so this must have some portion of the cabins reserved for other LGBTQ travelers? If you don't personally know of any other travelers onboard, and you implied they have resources for connections then I encourage you to use them. The worst that could happen is that you don't like whoever you meet, and you may never see them again since it's a huge ship with 6,000 people on it.

There will usually be a nightly LGBTQ meet up at a bar or other venue, too. That's consistent on most ships whether or not the cruise has a gay charter happening. Sometimes there are people who show up for those, sometimes not, but we have tried them once or twice to see if we can make new friends. 

Edit: Also, try the Roll Call forums here on Cruise Critic. There is a G&L Roll Call sub-forum at the top of this forum's page: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/547-gampl-roll-calls/ and there is also a general Roll Call already started for your cruise by another passenger in the main Roll Call forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2841662-harmony-of-the-seas-february-3-2023/#comment-62921398

Edited by CruiserLucas

• 4 weeks later...