How much does it cost??????

I'm sure a cab would be outrageous. It's about 40 miles from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. We have flown into the other port a couple of times and there are several "Charters" or what they call "Limo Service" to and fro Miami and Ft. L.

These are buses and they usually charge $40 per person (round trip - before and after cruise) I guess one way would be $20.;)

Hope this helps.

Hey

Last year we did the Carnival Valor out of Miami, but in order to get the great rates of JetBlue we flew into Ft Lauderdale. The taxis were waiting all outside the airport and it was 15$pp, 60$ for the four of us. He brought us right to our hotel ( Holiday Inn Express) which was right across from the Bayside Market, which had lots of shops (high-end and low) and great restaurants and cost us 69$ a night. And then the next morning it was 10$ for ALL of us to the port.

Sue

We jumped in a taxi last year from FLL to port of Miami and the fare was $62 before the tip. The cruise line charges $20 per person each way but you have to buy them before you get there.

Just an FYI I have noticed a big increase in taxi rates both in Miami and Ft Lauderdale in the last 6 months.

We have twice purchased our RCCL shuttle tickets Miami port to Ft. Lauderdale airport while on board the ship. It's $20 per person. You may wait 20 minutes or so for the bus to fill up, but otherwise it's quite painless. And the last time, the bus driver was quite entertaining and gave us a mini tour talk on the way to FLL.

How much is a taxi cab from the port of Miami to the Ft. Lauderdale airport.

Thank you for the input.

Shuttle was 18.00 plus tip per person. Taxi was 65.00 plus tip. Some taxi's couldn't fit all of our luggage. The shuttle could take any amount of luggage. Airport Express guarantees that you don't have to wait more than 30 minutes for a shuttle van/shared ride. If at the end of 30 minutes there is no one to share with you they put you in the first available vehicle even if it is a nice sedan and you are on your way! :) Send one person out to start the 30 minute clock running and then go back in to pick up the luggage.

How much is a taxi cab from the port of Miami to the Ft. Lauderdale airport.

Thank you for the input.

We have done this trek several times. A cab runs about $65-$80 depending on traffic. We have found it to be the same price if not a bit cheaper and much nicer to call a limo comapny and rent a towncar. Our last one was through larryslimos.com. it ws $55 there and $65 back. They are there waiting for you when you arrive. Keep in mind leaving the pier to go back to the airport will be $5 or $10 more (cant remember which i beleive it is $10). The pier charged the drivers a fee for leaving the port. Go figure.

We just did this in Feb.

FLL airport to the port of MIA was $75 plus tip. Well that would be if he deserved a tip. He didn't. Whatever you do, do NOT get in taxi 137 at the FLL airport. This guy did 30-40mph on the highway! We almost missed the ship. We got there at 4:25 for a 5:00 sailing. As it is we were cutting it close and should have been there around 3:45-4:00. The trip took a little over an hour with no traffic. The low speed combined with the route this guy took accounted for the length of this trip.

On the way back after the cruise. The cost was $60 for the same trip. But it only took 25 minutes. (No traffic again) He got a $10 tip because he knew where the gas pedal was. He also took the direct route, unlike taxi 137.

We will NEVER use a taxi from FLL/MIA. We learned our lesson. We have used Larry's Limo in the past and had a great experience. This cruise was booked last minute and I didn't have a lot of time to plan.

I learned my lesson and will never use a taxi for a flight into Fort Lauderdale with a cruise out of Miami.

You can get a towncar right outside the baggage terminal with TriCounty. Very comfortable ride for up the 4 people and costs $64 plus tip. No reservations required. You can make arrangements with the driver to pick you up at the pier for the return.

Archived