Child/ infant friendly excursions?

mamasmurfette

We're taking our family on the Carnival Panorama sailing Dec 31, 2022. We have a group of 15 consisting of five adults and ten kids ages 17, 16, 14, 12, 10, 9, 7, 3, 1, and 7 months. What are our best options?? We're OK with splitting into separate groups, but it would be nice to have maybe one excursion together? Or not. We'll have two sea days together. We'll be visiting Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, and Mazatlan. Just booked so I'm just starting my research. Thanks for any help!

Wow Mama! That is a range only met by my dad's offspring after remarrying (he had 6 from 23 to 1yo)!

I have no answers! We visited PV and Cabo on the way north from Panama a few years ago, with no children at all. But I can suggest the Family Cruises board on CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/28-family-cruises/

and the Carnival board for things specific to that cruiseline or ship:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/133-carnival-cruise-lines/

Also, your Roll Call is here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2772604-carnival-panorama-december-31-2022-new-years-cruise/#comment-60808879

Although I doubt you'll find anyone travelling with as wide-ranging a group as yours!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Wow Mama! That is a range only met by my dad's offspring after remarrying (he had 6 from 23 to 1yo)!

I have no answers! We visited PV and Cabo on the way north from Panama a few years ago, with no children at all. But I can suggest the Family Cruises board on CC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/28-family-cruises/

Thank you so much for those links!

December is the perfect time to see the whales in Cabo (and PV as well). I prefer Cabo for whale watching. I don't think your youngest 3 will be able to go though. Best choice for whale watching in Cabo would be a catamaran like Pez Gato (our favorite) but there are other options.

Many moons ago when our grandson was 10 months old (he's almost 13 now). We took him on a submarine tour in Cabo (called the yellow submarine). If they still have that - it would be an option for the youngest 3. When they get onsite, you can go below deck and look out the port hole windows to see the fish.

PV has a daytime sail/snorkle/beach break type tour out to Las Caletas which might be fun as a big group. It is popular however and frequently sells out in advance. There is also a night time trip to the same location (called Rhythm of the Night) out there with a dinner show that would be great for the older ones. PV also has the Pirate Ship Marigalante that has both daytime and nighttime cruises. We did the nighttime one many years ago and it was a lot of fun.

Mazatlan - you could just spend the day on Stone Island.

There are a ton of options depending on how you want to split up you group.

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, SDPadreFan said:

December is the perfect time to see the whales in Cabo (and PV as well). I prefer Cabo for whale watching. I don't think your youngest 3 will be able to go though. Best choice for whale watching in Cabo would be a catamaran like Pez Gato (our favorite)

Thanks so much for your suggestions! ❤️

1 hour ago, mamasmurfette said:

Thanks so much for your suggestions! ❤️

Could not find any evidence that the Cabo submarine still exists so that may no longer be an option.

In watching some YouTube videos on the Rhythm of the Nights Excursion at Las Caletas (Puerto Vallarta) - we have tickets, I also saw some of the daytime trip option to Las Caletas as well. That might really work well for your group but it could be pricey for that many people.