What happens to the deposit when you drop one person from the booking?

maysill88

My mother has a reservation for herself and my sister for next March.  She has a non-refundable deposit but also booked the cruise before they did away with the FCC option earlier this year.  The deposit was $250 per person for a total of $500. Now my sister will not be cruising.  My question is, what will happen to the deposit when she calls to remove my sister from the booking?  Will Royal look at the deposit as "per person" and withhold $250, or just leave the whole $500 applied to the booking since she is not canceling the entire reservation?

The single supplement is not bad in this particular situation... the base fare is $274 per person, or $410 for a single for her stateroom.. so we are thinking it makes sense to remove my sister instead of doing the no-show option.

I hope my question makes sense.  I'm just wondering how this will affect the balance due if she removes a person.

We called and it turns out that the full $500 paid deposit remains on the booking after the person is removed.  That is a relief.  This was the first time we ever removed someone from a booking so we weren't sure how it would turn out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, maysill88 said:

I'm just wondering how this will affect the balance due if she removes a person.

You should get a new (lower) balance when you rebook solo. Your mother will also be assured of getting an extra C&A point.

Edited by Biker19