JS with obstructed views on Navigator

reeb4

We are on a Nov. sailing with a JS guarantee.  I am anticipating since it is a gty that we will get one of the obstructed view JS cabins.  Can anyone share experiences/photos of just what "obstructed view" means for a Navigator JS?  Thanks in advance!

On both Voyager and Freedom class ships, the "obstructed view" JS are aft and the obstruction is the ship's superstructure. The lower you get (i.e. deck 6) the more obstruction you get. None of the aft cabins have a direct downward view of the water.

Freedom_aft_balconies2.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

On both Voyager and Freedom class ships, the "obstructed view" JS are aft and the obstruction is the ship's superstructure. The lower you get (i.e. deck 6) the more obstruction you get. None of the aft cabins have a direct downward view of the water.

Freedom_aft_balconies2.jpg

Thank you for the explanation...can you still enjoy a view of the water looking outward as opposed to a downward view?  In other words, are the obstructions a serious detriment or just something that interferes with some of the view?  I appreciate the guidance.

16 minutes ago, reeb4 said:

Thank you for the explanation...can you still enjoy a view of the water looking outward as opposed to a downward view?  In other words, are the obstructions a serious detriment or just something that interferes with some of the view?  I appreciate the guidance.

Directly outward is not really a problem, but you may find left, right and down superstructure obstructions. It can be like looking at the ocean through a tunnel.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, orville99 said:

Directly outward is not really a problem, but you may find left, right and down superstructure obstructions. It can be like looking at the ocean through a tunnel.

Got it.  Thank you.