Oceania Marina April 2023 Miami to Rome "Stand By"

visibilityunlimited

My wife and I thought we were booked on the noted cruise departing Miami August 6, 2023 and arriving Rome August 27, 2023.  We were ready to make the final arrangements for this cruise when, BAM, we didn't have a cruise booked after all.  Our travel representative, not a direct employee of Oceania,  told us were only booked Miami to Barcelona.  Regrettably, it was the Barcelona to Rome segment of the cruise that was, to us, the major "draw" of this particular voyage.  In any event we are on "stand by" how ever Oceania defines that.  This brings me to the reason for this post.

I assume there are some seasoned Oceania travelers on this site, and I wanted to ask if there is a particular time when bookings may not be finalized?  In other words, will cancellations usually occur 30 days prior to the cruise date, or 60, or 90, or even 120?  Orr perhaps there is no particular time at all and cancellations are purely random?  We're not holding our breath that there is much hope of getting a booking on this cruise, however, if anyone cares to comment on experiences they have had with "stand by" on Oceania, I would appreciate it. 

• 5 months later...

Always book directly with O to insure a cabin. Find out when date for final payment is. Thats when cancellations occur and. cabins will come back on line. Book your own air though. I could tell you some horror stories using O air. I call it the Miami factor. I lived down there for 8 years and moved back to Colorado.