CSA Travel Protection insurance

westernmom

Has anyone used this company? After comparing info on insuremytrip.com I think this is a good policy, but just not sure as it only has an A- rating. I am so new to this stuff, that I hate to waste my $$$ on the wrong policy.

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

We are both 55, in good health (hubby does take high blood pressure medicine) with a good health insurance policy, traveling to the eastern caribbean, flying into Miami, don't know what other info you would need to give advice.

I can only give you our experience. We were on Brilliance of the Seas last October when it was delayed because of a fisherman's blockade and docked almost a day late in Barcelona. We missed our flights home, along with many other passengers. We were fully imbursed by CSA for our expenses. Unfortunately several of our fellow cruisers, who had other insurance, were not reimbursed. There were many technicalities involved, but the bottom line was, CSA paid promptly with no hassle. I know that our experience on Brilliance has sold many fellow cruisers on CSA.

We have three more cruises pending, and I'd never leave home without CSA.

Re CSA: we have always purchased this policy, and had to use it on a recent trip for medical. Note that CSA is a secondary agent, and you file first with your own medical plan. We were reimbursed with our own medical plan so no need for CSA. However, the unique aspect of CSA (IMO) is that they cover family not traveling with you for pre-existing conditions healthwise, as well as yourself. There are many different policies with CSA that you can choose, so read carefully and pick the one that covers most of what you need.

The pre-existing clause will drive you crazy, trying to figure it out!

I might add, that we have never purchased CSA or any other insurance policy within the ten days of initial deposit for the pre-existing clause to kick in. Sometimes we book a cruise 18 months in advance and don't want to speculate.

Archived