Victoria Cruises

CynS

On 2/6/2024 at 8:34 PM, OnTheSeaIsMe said:

Please be VERY CAREFUL with Victoria Cruises Line. They continue to delay. Now they admit that they don't have a ship. People are not seeing their deposits returned and when they complain they are being threatened with lawsuits and the Hungarian Police. 

I can confirm I am one of those threatened for demanding my refund - now overdue by over 8 weeks. Steps are being taken to see no one else finds themselves in this predicament.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 1:04 AM, VL1 said:

I will believe it when it sails away.  The delays are troubling.  After the last residence ship disaster, I would be very wary.

VCL has been nothing but a nightmare for those of us who booked and requested our deposits refunded when they continued to delay. More than 33 of us are owed our $10,000 deposits (that we know of, probably more!). THE VERY GOOD NEWS FOR RESIDENTIAL CRUISING IS THAT VILLA VIE HAS CLOSED ON THEIR SHIP! They are scheduled to sail from South Hampton on May 15!

• Like 2

Shoot. I'm sorry this is all happening, not just for those who booked, but for the concept in general. I've been hoping that someone would figure it out in time for me to consider the lifestyle. The more this kind of situation continues to happen, the more people will be unwilling to jump on - it could easily become a vicious circle until the whole concept becomes infeasible just bc of the bad press

I'm cheering like crazy for Villa Vie to succeed!

• Like 1

Hi Miss E! I'm booked on Villa Vie (hey, that rhymes!). VV will show the world that there is a legitimate company that will make it happen. Check out the Business Insider piece on Victoria Cruises done this week. Are you coming on VV? 

They say that they are in the process of buying a second ship and a lot of their inside cabins that can be purchased have been. I think their hybrid model -- cabins you buy and cabins set aside for people who only want to sail one of the segments (just like the other cruise lines do) makes more sense than trying to get 100% of the people to sign up to cruise for years.

• Like 1