Great Bars in South Beach

Gradelady

One bar I know of and have been to is the Clevelandar bar. Plenty of room to hang out in to see some views of the beach and what is going on inside the bar. Pool bar and inside bar with pool tables and such.

There are many others along the beach varying in age and dress as well.

This one seems to be good for all.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise. I plan to take the wife and two girls 5 and 8 in the afternoon after a day at the beach pre cruise.

Cheers!!

The first time we visited South Beach we were pretty clueless. In the elevator we saw a sign that said "Wet Willies it's not just a bar it's an institution," and showed all sorts of food and drinks - our kind of place. As we were walking out of our hotel to get a cab, a limo happened to be dropping someone off. We offered the driver some money to take the 8 of us to Sobe and drop us off at Wet Willies. It was a great place to start. They have a balcony that you can sit and enjoy your drink and some casual dining - burgers, nachos, sandwiches. http://www.wetwillies.com

From there we worked our way to the Clevelander. Turned out to be a great place for us. There was an outdoor band playing great music. We danced and had drinks and a great time. http://www.clevelander.com/

I think if you start at Wet Willies and work your way down the street you will have a fun time just stopping and checking out the different bars as you go.

What fun - have a great time.

Diane

My favorite to meet friends for a drink ~ Soyka, 5556 NE 4th Court, Miami, 305-759-3117. On the edge of Miami's Design District, Soyka is both cavernous and cozy, an industrial-looking space with soft, soothing lighting and a constant hum of conversation.

Favorite place to listen to music, Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave, South Beach. Intimate and low key, this is one of the only places to hear local bands. ;)

Archived