What is happening with the Internet on Celebrity?

NJRonbo

Was on the Infinity in the Caribbean and the internet was horrific.  Reading emails was difficult with NO attachments, system continually dropped and re connected us, a myriad of problems.  I believe Celebrity is spending the money on their newer ships Edge class and other ships have received a downgrade.  Part of their "strategic cost cutting initiative".....Until Starlink is installed on the oldest ships, don't expect much in the form of connections, let alone "Streaming".  

We were on Constellation at the restart, another non-Revolution ship, in the Caribbean for 15 nts and had no issues with the WiFi at all apart from some antics it was pulling with regard to text messages for a couple of days.  Didn't run my usual SpeakEasy test (should have done) but would not have been unhappy with whatever it would have reported.  Had about 1500 of the 2000 or so capacity onboard for the first 5 nts.  Had the 'stream' service.

Then again, I was mostly pulling data down, and wasn't sending much back, and so can't say how asymmetric the connection might have been.