Thermal Spa day pass on sea day?

Alifay

I will be on the Encore for their final Alaska sailing October 16-23 this month. The ship doesn’t seem to be very full at all. I really want to buy a day pass for the thermal spa on the first sea day. I realize day passes are normally only available on port day.  What are the odds they might be selling day passes for this sea day?  Absolute no?  Anyone ever scored a day pass on a sea day?

Thanks for your input!

23 minutes ago, Alifay said:

I will be on the Encore for their final Alaska sailing October 16-23 this month. The ship doesn’t seem to be very full at all. I really want to buy a day pass for the thermal spa on the first sea day. I realize day passes are normally only available on port day.  What are the odds they might be selling day passes for this sea day?  Absolute no?  Anyone ever scored a day pass on a sea day?

Thanks for your input!

It is really going to depend on how many weekly passes they sell. If they are not sold out, then your chances of getting one on a sea day are better but then the spa could be crowded. I tend to avoid the Thermal Spa on cold weather cruises or just get a day pass on a port day.

It’s a crap shoot.   Go to the spa on day 1 and ask them about day passes.  They ordinarily only sell them on the day of use but they will have an idea at that point of ship passenger totals as well as the pre sold weekly passes.

I always get a spa pass on cold weather cruises.the warm water and heated loungers really help warm my joints after an active day in the cold.  On some ships, where the spa is at the front, the spa is a beautiful place to view passage through fjords and ice fields, out of the wind and cold.

7 hours ago, Alifay said:

Thanks for your input!

It is worth a try. You should be up there at the Spa on embarkation day. One of the spa personnel will give you a tour,,, but they will probably not be a good source of information on day passes. See if you can find a manager, or at least the people at the front desk taking reservations. 

Positives: pre-pandemic, the later cruises are normally have lighter loads. And more so this year. So, there are fewer people competing for Thermal Suite access. The cost of a weekly pass has gone up 50%+ this year, so it has become too pricy for some. 

Negatives: Normally that last sea day (which is your Victoria port day) is the busiest in the Thermal Suite. With outside temperatures in the 40's, everyone will be inside. And because the temps will be in the high 40's during the day and 30's at night with rain throughout your cruise, more than normal will be buying week passes (because there will be a lot of people who won't be getting off the ship - you have a 1/2 day in Juneau, 1/2 day in Ketchikan, full day in icy strait where there is absolutely nothing to do/see at this time of year). 

Keep checking with the Spa. Because of the light load, you have a chance of scoring a pass. But, you still have a lot working against you. Consider that week pass. 

11 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

It is really going to depend on how many weekly passes they sell. If they are not sold out, then your chances of getting one on a sea day are better but then the spa could be crowded. I tend to avoid the Thermal Spa on cold weather cruises or just get a day pass on a port day.

8 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

It’s a crap shoot.   Go to the spa on day 1 and ask them about day passes.  They ordinarily only sell them on the day of use but they will have an idea at that point of ship passenger totals as well as the pre sold weekly passes.

I always get a spa pass on cold weather cruises.the warm water and heated loungers really help warm my joints after an active day in the cold.  On some ships, where the spa is at the front, the spa is a beautiful place to view passage through fjords and ice fields, out of the wind and cold.

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It is worth a try. You should be up there at the Spa on embarkation day. One of the spa personnel will give you a tour,,, but they will probably not be a good source of information on day passes. See if you can find a manager, or at least the people at the front desk taking reservations. 

Positives: pre-pandemic, the later cruises are normally have lighter loads. And more so this year. So, there are fewer people competing for Thermal Suite access. The cost of a weekly pass has gone up 50%+ this year, so it has become too pricy for some. 

Negatives: Normally that last sea day (which is your Victoria port day) is the busiest in the Thermal Suite. With outside temperatures in the 40's, everyone will be inside. And because the temps will be in the high 40's during the day and 30's at night with rain throughout your cruise, more than normal will be buying week passes (because there will be a lot of people who won't be getting off the ship - you have a 1/2 day in Juneau, 1/2 day in Ketchikan, full day in icy strait where there is absolutely nothing to do/see at this time of year). 

Keep checking with the Spa. Because of the light load, you have a chance of scoring a pass. But, you still have a lot working against you. Consider that week pass. 

This is all really good advice. Thanks so much!  I want the week pass but don’t think I can swing another $600 (my husband and me). Really great insight here though, thanks everyone !

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Normally that last sea day (which is your Victoria port day) is the busiest in the Thermal Suite

I did wonder, is this last day considered a port day or a sea day?

2 hours ago, Alifay said:

I did wonder, is this last day considered a port day or a sea day?

Sea Day or Port Day, it is still busy in the Thermal Suite. I think that you arrive at 8:00 in Victoria which is the closing time of the Thermal Suite on the last night.