QM2 Thermal Suite

gentlemancruiser

I was hoping that they would dispense with the fixed time bookings - I don't recall any times with more than 10 folks in the pool / lounge area over the years Mrs Bear and I have been sailing on QM2.

So, if they are trying to restrict attendance, it looks like the price of admission already did that.

I’m not sure that I would trust the spa  booking system using Cunard’s website.  It’s not exactly super reliable.

We usually book the spa when we get on board, but I took a look at booking online and our westbound had pretty much had the same (only early AM available) problem.    

The verbiage on the thermal suite booking page says: “ you can book the pass online, and choose your desired time on board ( 8-10 AM; 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM; 1 to 3 PM; 3:50 to 5:30 PM; 6 to 8 PM)“.   

When the 2hr  passes were loaded into my cart, they assigned odd times such as 8:15 and 9 AM which are not even the session start times so I don’t have a lot of faith in those appointment times

The system also only offered up the first three days of the crossing. The last four days were grayed out and unbookable at the moment.

Traveling is an adventure.  You never know what you’re going to find

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 8:14 PM, HLR said:

So if the spa passes are all booked....Are there showers at the gym or any steam or sauna available elsewhere? 

Howard

No unfortunately there are no showers at the gym and no other sauna or steam rooms apart from in the thermal spa area. We didn't bother booking the spa (pre Covid we always did for the full length of our cruises) as we didn't think it was worthwhile due to the restricted access that was still in operation on our last trip (Aug/Sep 22)

• Thanks 1