Sorry, I have a covid testing question

Daveth10

We are leaving on the NCL Star from Southampton, UK on 26 October 2022. We are un vaccinated. We prefer to have a lateral flow test. NCL states this should be 3 days before departure. I am OK with all this. However looking at Spain's requirements, which the ship visits, they say if using a lateral flow test it has be 1 day prior to departure. This is a conflict with NCL's requirements. Do I understand the rules correctly as I do not want any problems? Also when they say 1 or 3 days before departure does this mean 24 or 72 hours before the ship sails at say 5pm?

2 hours ago, Daveth10 said:

We are leaving on the NCL Star from Southampton, UK on 26 October 2022. We are un vaccinated. We prefer to have a lateral flow test. NCL states this should be 3 days before departure. I am OK with all this. However looking at Spain's requirements, which the ship visits, they say if using a lateral flow test it has be 1 day prior to departure. This is a conflict with NCL's requirements. Do I understand the rules correctly as I do not want any problems? Also when they say 1 or 3 days before departure does this mean 24 or 72 hours before the ship sails at say 5pm?

When NCL states "3 days before departure" it is my experience that they count the actual dates (and not the hours), and that with the "3-day-requirement" you can make the test 1-3 days before sailing, but not EARLIER than 3 days before the sailing date. At least that was the case for our Gem cruise out of Trieste, Italy in July. So we decided to make the test 2 days before the sailing date. So in your case, if Spain requires the test to be done 1 day prior to departure, that means October 25th. And that should also cover the 1-3 days requirement from NCL....