FISHING IN SITKA ALASKA

3red7s

Good evening Folks!!  We are booked for our Alaskan RC cruise, 6/2023.  Some of our family members would love to go fishing in Sitka.  We would be interested in shore fishing or boat, for deep water, or trolling.  (we do not fly fish)  Has anyone done any excursion from the cruise line? or any independent vendors.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Thanks for everything that CC does for all of us!!❤️

While I suspect you are looking for recommendations for fishing excursions from folks who have actually been on fishing excursions out of Sitka, since you aren't receiving any help, I just wanted to comment that I googled something like "fishing excursions our of Sitka, Alaska" and several websites popped up.  And some had ratings.  

Also, all of the SE Alaska communities have websites, and most have lists of vendors (who are probably members of their respective Chambers of Commerce).  I know that Sitka is one and has a visitor's guide.  Again, just google.

• 1 month later...

we used Sitka FIshing Excursions for a private trip for the 4 of us this past June and they were FANTASTIC. Can't' say enough good things- the boat was literally parked right next to the cruise ship when we docked and we got off one and onto the other... no need to shuttle to town or to another dock or anything. They had sandwiches, tons of snacks/drinks, and everything we needed. We caught a bunch of fish (ling cod and rockfish we limited out on) in the 5 hours we were out there.... they had everything cleaned and filleted and frozen and then shipped to our house when we got home- we didn't have to do a thing except show up. The boat was GORGEOUS, and the captain was so so nice- he was great with the teen kids as well.

https://sitkafishingexcursions.com/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, 3red7s said:

Thank you.....and that is exactly what I did....found Jamestown Bay B&B that offer 1/2 fishing in the harbor for a reasonable price.  Thank you!!!

Hello - did you end up going fishing with Jamestown Bay B&B? If yes, would you recommend? 

hello there.....sadly we were not able to complete our fishing trip while in Alaska.  one of our family members just complete shoulder surgery & we did not think it easy for him to haul in anything.  Good luck & have fun....I have heard great things about them & they were kind & understanding when we needed to cancel