Evening Attire Shorts?capris?pants? Cruising The Dawn!!!

momof02

Hi Again!

First Off, Everyone At This Site Has Been So Helpful!! I Have Been Reading These Messages And Wondering What Extent Of Dressy Clothes Do I Need To Bring For Dinner At Night?

If Im Just Eating In The Main Dining Room (not Buffet ) Can I Wear Shorts? Capris ? Somebody Wrote No Tanktops. Even If Im Wearing It With A Skirt Would That Be A Problem?

I Have A 3 Year Old Son. What Would They Expect Him To Wear? Can He Wear Jeans With A Nice Shirt..

Do You Have To Wear Dress Clothes For Cagneys Or Bistro?

Hi Again!

First Off, Everyone At This Site Has Been So Helpful!! I Have Been Reading These Messages And Wondering What Extent Of Dressy Clothes Do I Need To Bring For Dinner At Night?

If Im Just Eating In The Main Dining Room (not Buffet ) Can I Wear Shorts? Capris ? Somebody Wrote No Tanktops. Even If Im Wearing It With A Skirt Would That Be A Problem?

I Have A 3 Year Old Son. What Would They Expect Him To Wear? Can He Wear Jeans With A Nice Shirt..

Hi Mom .. not tanktops or shorts in main dining rooms at night. you wont want a tanktop without a sweater anyway .. it's just too chilly. Cagney's and Le Bistro tend to be dressier but there are always those who want to stretch the rules. As long as 3 year old is clean, jeans wont be a problem. Have a wonderful time :)

Hi Again!

ps capris are great :)

Think you pretty much have your answer: yes, your son can wear jeans or docker type pants: you will be most comfortable in capris or sun dresses and absolutely no shorts or tank tops; the tank tops would be ok if you wear an open blouse or little jacket as well. This does not mean you will not see any of this, there are always a few that get away with breaking the rules, but it is better to be safe than sorry, plus how would you feel if you had to explain to your son, you got caught doing something you should not have? LOL of course. NMNita

I agree with all the replies, although you will see lots of fancy tank tops. My DD (21 years old) wore several different ones for dinners- ones with sequins, etc that she paired with fancy capris or skirts. She also carried or wore a sweater or jacket- the dining rooms were always cold during our Dawn cruise (1/06)- much colder than other locations on the ship. As you've probably noted from lots of other "dress code" threads- the evening attire ranges from Tuxs to torn jeans! We never saw anyone in shorts in the dining rooms, but we did see several women in very, very short jean skirts- even my DD commented that they looked out of place. That's one of the good things (and bad things!) about NCL! Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks For All The Advice..i Bought So Many Phesant Skirts When They Were On Sale Last Year. I Usually Wear Them With Tanks, But I Like The Idea Of A Sweater Over Them. Like A Cardigan.. I Love This Site!!!!

I believe the "no tank top" rule refers to men only.

I agree, although they don't specify the 'no tank top' rule is for men. You will see many women wearing tank tops, sleeveless, spaghetti straps, strapless, halter.. etc. especially for formal night.

Archived