Port in Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Airport

teachc5

I just found a good rate for a flight from Boston to West Palm. Then I will need to get to a hotel and then to the port. It states that is 42 miles. Has anyone ever done this? Is it worth the extra money to fly into FLL? (It's about a $400 difference) Thanks.

What about renting a car for a day that would definately be less than $400. My family lives in the west palm beach area and when I fly to see them I usually fly into miami or ft lauderdale to save money. There is a train system called Tri-Rail that would take you from PBI to FLL. Well not exactly to each place but their are shuttle buses. http://www.tri-rail.com will give you route maps and pricing information. Be aware though they have cut their schedule way back and only operate every few hours. I was thinking of taking them for FLL to west palm in march but would have to wait two hours after my flight. Once I took a cab from PBI to FLL and it cost about $100. The cab driver was not happy about it though but it was his fault I missed tri-rail and I had a plane to catch. There are probably limo services that would drive you from west palm to fll but I don't know of any.

I was wondering if there was a hotel somewhere between that offered shuttle service to both PBI and the port.

If you mean Port Everglades, then the answer is likely no. Even in Ft. Lauderdale, it is only the downtown hotels that provide (free) shuttle service to both FLL and Port Everglades.

In January, we rented a car from FLL to drive to the West Palm Beach area to visit my parents before the cruise. It is a very easy drive and the rental was $30. If you come in a day or two early before your cruise (which I highly recommend), you will be paying for hotels, meals, etc, anyway. We dropped the car off on the morning of the cruise and Thrifty provided a free shuttle to the pier. PBI is also much less crowded than FLL and a $400 savings is significant.

Archived