So..What's a Good Price from NE to Hawaii?

capecruzer

I've been watching airfares from BOS to HNL now for about three months and they just went up $5 yesterday, from $752-757. Is this a good price and should I grab it now? I'd be interested in hearing what others paid for their flights from the NE, when they purchased the flights, etc. so I have a better idea of what is good or bad. TIA. Brenda

I've been watching airfares from BOS to HNL now for about three months and they just went up $5 yesterday, from $752-757. Is this a good price and should I grab it now? I'd be interested in hearing what others paid for their flights from the NE, when they purchased the flights, etc. so I have a better idea of what is good or bad. TIA. Brenda

When are you flying???? Makes a big difference.

And would you consider two tickets, maybe on two different airlines? BOS/LAX and LAX/HNL. Should save you considerable money, as you can usually get BOS/LAX in the $250.00 range and LAX/HNL for about $300.00. But then again, it depends on the time of year.

Last year for our August trip, we bought our Newark to HNL tickets at the end of April for $720 each on Continental's website. 1.5 months later, the price was down to $630 each. I'm not sure if there is any rhyme or reason from year to year pricing but that is what happened to us!

Hi. We will be going October 26 to November 9th. I will check switching airlines as suggested. The one big glitch is one of the travelers wants the trip broken up as close to 1/2 and 1/2 as possible (6 hours and 6 hours or so). It seems that these flights are the more costly that I've been checking. Although the Bos/Lax and Lax/Hnl would certainly fit the bill. Thanks. Brenda

Hi. We will be going October 26 to November 9th. I will check switching airlines as suggested. The one big glitch is one of the travelers wants the trip broken up as close to 1/2 and 1/2 as possible (6 hours and 6 hours or so). It seems that these flights are the more costly that I've been checking. Although the Bos/Lax and Lax/Hnl would certainly fit the bill. Thanks. Brenda

Splitting the trip into two portions is always my preference. Nonstop BOS/LAX and LAX/HNL breaks the trip pretty close to 50-50. Now, the question is-HOW much of a break? There are NO nonstops from BOS to HNL, no matter what flight you take. But some flights only allow a change of planes (1 hour or less) and some options give you almost a whole day in LA. Or maybe an overnight in LA both going and coming??? Priceline usually prices out at about $60.00 for one of the 3 or 4* airport hotels.

There are so many options. AA and UA usually have sale fares from BOS to LAX about once a month. Hawaiian, Aloha, and Pleasant Hawaiian holidays have sales, charters, etc. at really reasonable prices.

One good thing-you are NOT flying at truly peak time. So prices should be somewhat cheaper if you price two airlines.

Please post what you REALLY want to do and we will all try to help. And also, are you embarking/disembarking your cruise on the dates posted???

Archived