corner front facing PS cabins ....would you take one ?

Shippy

Sailing on the Royal Princess in an MA mini suite cabin.

Just got a chance to bid on a suite cabin.

I assume they do the assignment if the bid is accepted.

I noticed that almost ALL of the corner , front PS cabins are available.

Anyone ever had one of these ??

We had a front cabin on another cruiseship & found it VERY hard to access the balcony when the boat was moving.

Do you think it is worth bidding on ?

thanks

11 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Sailing on the Royal Princess in an MA mini suite cabin.

Just got a chance to bid on a suite cabin.

I assume they do the assignment if the bid is accepted.

I noticed that almost ALL of the corner , front PS cabins are available.

Anyone ever had one of these ??

We had a front cabin on another cruiseship & found it VERY hard to access the balcony when the boat was moving.

Do you think it is worth bidding on ?

thanks

Absolutely, cracking staterooms 👍

We were in a corner forward suite on the Royal Princess a few years ago.  Specifically, we were in cabin B101.  

We found it to be an outstanding suite.  The balcony for that suite is not forward-facing, it is on the starboard side.  So, there was absolutely no problem walking out there whenever we wanted to do so.

There are massive forward-facing windows that Mrs. XBGuy absolutely loved.  We were on an Alaska cruise, and she was able to sit on top of cupboards and watch for wildlife.

The cabin was, easily, the largest we have ever experienced on a cruise.  We were amazed by the storage space--closets and cupboards.  Even when we accumulated maximum dirty laundry, we never filled up the storage space.

• Like 2

My wife and two college-age sons were in Royal C101 this past summer and just loved the room.  Like XBGuy said, the balcony is to the side (not front facing) and there are big windows in the master bedroom area that look out over the bow.  Really cool. 

One thing to keep in mind is that these are (by definition) at the far end of the ship, so if proximity to elevators or stairs are a priority, then this location would be a drawback.  On the bright side, if you're a step-counting type of soul, then these are all 'free' steps! 

We ended up with one on the Discovery (A101) next month, after our Diamond Princess cruise was canceled.  We went from aft suite to forward suite 😄  DH is super excited to try it, and I am going to take my Bonine!