45 days untill our Caribbean cruise!! How often do cruise itineraries change last minute?

It's become a running joke that we're never going to make it to San Juan, PR. In 2018 on the Equinox a passenger had a medical emergency and we had to change course to get close enough to an island where they could medevac by helicopter. That put us off schedule enough and combined with weather we just had a sea day instead. Last December on the Reflection, PR changed their Covid protocols the day before we were due to arrive, and were only allowing passengers who had a negative covid test within 24 hours, which the ship wasn't equipped to support, so we had a sea day instead. We're booked on the Reflection over the holidays this year and I'm betting that we won't make our December 25th port stop either! 

On 10/6/2022 at 4:11 AM, Cruise newbie Barbara said:

Hi all! Soon going on our first Celebrity Cruise to the Caribbean. I was wondering how often do cruise itineraries change last minute? I am planning some shore excursions without refund so wanted to now how sure we can be of this planning. Thanks!

Once, upon entering a terminal for embarkation they were handing out notices showing 2 ports had changed.