Harmony of the seas cabin 8160 noisy?

I had 8160 in November.  Never heard any noise.  The stairs and elevator lobby go through a fire door so it's not exactly wide open.  

I specifically chose this area.  Out the door and into Central Park in a handful of steps.  

I look for cabins in this area for quick access to the elevators and Central Park.  I'd book it again.  

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 5:52 PM, Katems75 said:

I would like to know this location noise, too!  I am on Harmony and in 8172 so very close to you.  Hopefully someone can answer if being near the forward stairs/elevators on Harmony is noisy or not!

We are in cabin 8172 in November, we love Deck 8, was on Allure around the same area and it wasn't noisy.

On 10/12/2022 at 5:45 PM, GJM said:

We are in cabin 8172 in November, we love Deck 8, was on Allure around the same area and it wasn't noisy.

Oh wow!  You'll be in 8172 on Harmony??  I'd love your thoughts and any photos!!  I'm not on until next May.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We cabin 8172, not noisy at all.  Across the hall were not any rooms, only noise we heard was the cabin next to us with the slamming of their door.  The bed was near the bathroom with the couch by the balcony.  I will look and see if I have any pictures.  But great location, when you go off the elevator, made a left and about 5 doors down.

1 hour ago, GJM said:

We cabin 8172, not noisy at all.  Across the hall were not any rooms, only noise we heard was the cabin next to us with the slamming of their door.  The bed was near the bathroom with the couch by the balcony.  I will look and see if I have any pictures.  But great location, when you go off the elevator, made a left and about 5 doors down.

Thank you SO MUCH for remembering about this thread and coming back to comment!  That was so kind of you!  I'm so glad it was quiet...deck plans don't show what IS across the hall (I worried it might be a crew stairway or supply room or something noisy that's not for passengers so it doesn't show up on the deck plans.

How was the condition of the room?  Was the bed hard?  I keep hearing Harmony beds are hard... Did you buy one of the wifi packages?  I want to get the cheaper one and am hoping it works well.

Anything else you'd like to share about the room, the ship or the cruise in general I'd love to hear!  Thanks again!

There was a crew area across from the cabin, but we never really heard any noise.  Yes, the bed was hard but we slept well.  The cabin was very nice, we love the chairs on the balcony with the foot stools, so comfortable.  The room was much more modern then other cruise ships we have been on.  More plugs, which is great.  And the hair dryer stays on now when you are using it, you don't have to hold the button on while drying your hair.  LOL  

We had a great cruise, we saw all the shows, all amazing.  The only real disappointment was the Windjammer, we ate in there for dinner some nights and they didn't have the variety as in the past for dinner.  We also ate at Chops which was very good.  Try and book the Aqua show first, because ours was rescheduled due to the weather.  We also love the Solarium for breakfast. 

We did have the internet, the surf & zoom.  It worked OK, not great but it was perfect.  My husband and I would send messages to each other on Whatsapp, if we weren't together.  

• Like 2