Galveston...Princess is moving in.

Goodtimes57

20 hours ago, Spurschick said:

It’s called Moody Gardens. Get the cruise package. Valet park at the hotel, they shuttle you to the port. Then on return they have your vehicle ready for you to get straight into when you get back and parking is included for the duration of your cruise. So once you get to hotel no need to move you car again.

No it's not!

And you missed the point.

I don't want to catch a shuttle to the port. I want to arrive at a hotel connected to the port, park my car in a parking garage, check in at hotel and check in for cruise, wake up the next morning and walk to the cruise terminal and board the ship. Upon my return from the cruise, walk to said parking garage, get in my car and drive home.

Hopefully my explanation is a little more clear. ONE STOP SHOP! 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, cynt said:

Adding a hotel and parking garage at the terminal would be fantastic!! I sure hope they are able to do that, especially if the hotel and parking garage is walkable to the terminal. Driving down a day early from the Dallas Metro area, parking and walking to my hotel and not having to move the car again until I return from the cruise sounds fabulous to me!! That would be a game changer. OMG! What if you could check in for the cruise when you check in for your hotel room!?!? Yes, I have a great imagination! That would be incredible. 

16 minutes ago, cynt said:

No it's not!

And you missed the point.

I don't want to catch a shuttle to the port. I want to arrive at a hotel connected to the port, park my car in a parking garage, check in at hotel and check in for cruise, wake up the next morning and walk to the cruise terminal and board the ship. Upon my return from the cruise, walk to said parking garage, get in my car and drive home.

Hopefully my explanation is a little more clear. ONE STOP SHOP! 

Well my recommendation is the closest you will get. You stated you didn’t want to move your vehicle once you arrived at your hotel. I was only providing you an option for that. Otherwise your option is a hotel that is already built across the road from the port. Cruiselines are not in the business of building and operating hotels.

The demand for a hotel next to a port terminal restricts demand to 1 night maybe 2 max before sailing. Cruise lines do not sail every day from any given port. Non cruise passengers are not going to want to stay in a hotel within a port. The demand is not there or it would already exist.

Edited by Spurschick