Port Canaveral

True Devonian

We are booked on Ventura next March for the USA and Caribean. We have been able to book some excursions. We would like to visit the Kennedy Space Centre but no excursions for this are showing yet, does anbody know if P&O do excursions to the Space Centre or would it be easy to do it ourselves from the cruise terminal. Any advice would be gratefully received.

There were trips to KSC on this year's cruise to Port Canaveral.  We were both booked on the KSC trip. Until Port Canaveral and all the other USA ports were dropped.    At which point we cancelled the whole cruise.  Hope you have better luck than we did.

1 hour ago, True Devonian said:

We are booked on Ventura next March for the USA and Caribean. We have been able to book some excursions. We would like to visit the Kennedy Space Centre but no excursions for this are showing yet, does anbody know if P&O do excursions to the Space Centre or would it be easy to do it ourselves from the cruise terminal. Any advice would be gratefully received.

I would be surprised if they didn't.

In 2016 they did two excursions the normal one which was advertised as a best seller and a KSC and "up close" experience. KSC was not something that I thought that my wife would enjoy but a lady from my bank said it was a must do and all the female members of her family enjoyed it. So we booked it.

I am not sure how you would do it independently, KSC's own coaches were waiting at the port I assume that they were just for the P&O excursion, they took us there, around it and back, we had an onboard guide who got us to the attractions just before the performances started so avoided unnecessary queuing. It was very well organised and we both enjoyed it

• Like 1

We did a KSC tour from QV a few years ago, it was excellent. I think some people were sorting it themselves, it's only about 20 minutes away but the ship's tour was very good and our guide was brilliant. I wasn't that bothered about going but himself wanted too - I absolutely loved it! 

• 2 weeks later...

On previous cruises we've done that stopped at Port Canaveral there were excursions to the space centre. We decided to go at the last minute so the P & O excursion was sold out but we got a cab with another couple and just paid for a ticket at the entrance. Well worth a visit

• Like 1