Is cruising losing its sparkle?

gordylad

On 10/16/2022 at 9:15 PM, goofysmom99 said:

Maybe it depends on the ship and the CC concierge.  Presently on Constellation with quite a few other zeniths.  I've previously been called by the CC concierge re the CC gatherings where the top cruiser is introduced.  Not this time.  I wasn't planning to attend, but did expect a call.  I'll report back re a zenith luncheon.  I'm sure there will be even more zeniths on the upcoming TA.  BTW, I'm not in a suite.  The suite zeniths were called, at least the ones I spoke to.

We had "Zenith Members Toast & Gathering" this afternoon which was very nicely done.  Closed off a portion of the Cellar Masters/Sushi on 5 area for an hour.  The captain (Captain Vito from Venice) is definitely a charismatic guy with an equally charming staff.  Seven attended; know at least two who didn't.  (They're going to need a bigger space for the TA. 😉)

17 hours ago, Midlo said:

Getting back to the original question, has cruising lost it’s sparkle? Just finished glancing at all of these posts and obviously the sparkle has a different meaning to everyone. . . . For me the sparkle is at it’s best on the first day after you get to your room and you know you still have the entire cruise ahead of you. 

Definitely the level of sparkle is in the eye of the beholder, but it may also perhaps be a function of cabin choice. We did not know what to expect when our bid upgrade was accepted on our recent and first cruise on Celebrity's Beyond. The suite was amazing and the service was attentive, but I was not at all dazzled by the mediocre champagne and snacks we received on arrival. But all of that started to change once we made some specific requests to our butler. Fresh limes, juices, mixers, potato chips, mixed nuts, chocolate treats, etc., were easy to arrange. So were restaurant reservations. Then, the highlight was our little anniversary celebration. We were gobsmacked when we returned to our cabin one night in the middle of the cruise. The butler and steward had redecorated much of everything. There was a nice bottle of wine and a delicious chocolate mousse cake that said Happy Anniversary. The dining table secured six bright red heart shaped balloons and an anniversary card. The dining table and the bed were each covered in fresh rose petals. There were aslo two towel swans smooching in the center of the bed. And most surprising of all, the bedroom mirror had written on it in beautiful handwriting a very sweet note wishing us 35 more happy years of marriage, signed by both attendants. There's no denying this kind of sparkle and attention to details. 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 10:35 AM, Orator said:

Let me try one more time! For my cruise the beverage package and internet were included in the price of the cruise. The beverage package and internet is still a benefit, but if you're booking Aqua Class or above you are required to pay for the packages in the fare. There is no option for a credit or discount. That means you are paying for an option that you had free  in the past. That in my view is a reduction in total benefits.

You still can book AQ without perks on selected cruises.  

9 hours ago, SailingHigher said:

Definitely the level of sparkle is in the eye of the beholder, but it may also perhaps be a function of cabin choice. We did not know what to expect when our bid upgrade was accepted on our recent and first cruise on Celebrity's Beyond. The suite was amazing and the service was attentive, but I was not at all dazzled by the mediocre champagne and snacks we received on arrival. But all of that started to change once we made some specific requests to our butler. Fresh limes, juices, mixers, potato chips, mixed nuts, chocolate treats, etc., were easy to arrange. So were restaurant reservations. Then, the highlight was our little anniversary celebration. We were gobsmacked when we returned to our cabin one night in the middle of the cruise. The butler and steward had redecorated much of everything. There was a nice bottle of wine and a delicious chocolate mousse cake that said Happy Anniversary. The dining table secured six bright red heart shaped balloons and an anniversary card. The dining table and the bed were each covered in fresh rose petals. There were aslo two towel swans smooching in the center of the bed. And most surprising of all, the bedroom mirror had written on it in beautiful handwriting a very sweet note wishing us 35 more happy years of marriage, signed by both attendants. There's no denying this kind of sparkle and attention to details. 

Thanks for sharing an absolutely beautiful (romantic) experience on X !!

• Like 2