Review of the Panorama, 9/24-10/1

allinwonderland

6 hours ago, Derbie said:

We would love to go back to Rythm of the Night but didn't think we would have time.  Seemed like when we first saw the show, our ship was in port until midnight.  I didn't see the show as an offering on the Carnival excursion list.  Did you book through the show's website?

I booked it through Carnival. We left the ship at around 3pm and got back by 9 so right before the ship left. I think they do a separate version of the event just for cruise ship passengers and another one for people staying at local hotels that starts and ends later.

If it's not on the Carnival excursions portal for your sail date then idk what to tell you - I wouldn't recommend trying to book it separately, the risk of missing the ship is way too high (plus I think they don't let you if you're a cruise ship passenger). And yes it was quite a bit more than that per person!

On 1/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, allinwonderland said:

I booked it through Carnival. We left the ship at around 3pm and got back by 9 so right before the ship left. I think they do a separate version of the event just for cruise ship passengers and another one for people staying at local hotels that starts and ends later.

If it's not on the Carnival excursions portal for your sail date then idk what to tell you - I wouldn't recommend trying to book it separately, the risk of missing the ship is way too high (plus I think they don't let you if you're a cruise ship passenger). And yes it was quite a bit more than that per person!

thank you for the reply!  I went back to the Carnival website, after I asked you the question and found the excursion.  I think we may have to pass.  There are 8 people, and I don't think I want to pay almost $1350 for all of us to go.  I may pay for our son and his wife to go and hang around with the grandkiddos that evening.  Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, allinwonderland said:

I appreciate the information.  I do have a quick question for you.  When we saw the show years ago, we were there when it was later in the evening.  Did you see the show while it was dark?  I fear, it would lose something if it weren't dark when the show commenced.  We are sailing the last week of March, so I know it will stay light longer.  Returning at 9 makes me wonder if it will be dark or not?  Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, Derbie said:

Did you see the show while it was dark?

I did not. It didn't really start getting dark in PV until around 8pm when they were bussing (boating?) us back to the ship. However I didn't think it impacted my enjoyment of the show at all. The other thing is that I went in September, at the tail end of the summer season, and I would think you going in March it would actually get dark sooner than it did for me. You definitely won't be there as late as when you stay in PV (which is what I'm guessing you did years ago).

I'm about to get on the Panorama in a few hours so I can report back on how late it gets dark in PV in January for an extra data point.

• Like 1