Plug fitted to the Britannia Hair Dryer

Pine Man

Recent cruises on Britannia have thrown up an issue for my wife using the hair dryer provided by P&O.

She is more than happy with the performance of the dryer but NOT where she has to use it. The only place it can be plugged in is at the dressing table and she wants to be able to plug it in by the full length mirror, which only has a UK three pin socket.

Does anybody know what sort of plug is fitted to the P&O hair dryer so that I can get an adaptor to use it in UK sockets. All I can remember is that it had two flat pins on it.

Many thanks.

Edited by Pine Man

Thanks for that, I hadn't considered the voltage of the hair dryer.

So, anybody on Britannia at the moment that can check out the voltage of the hairdryer or, probably, any of the older P&O ships that probably have the same hairdryers.

You're probably right.

Further research suggests that the two pin socket may well be UK voltage BUT the dryer is US voltage and has a transformer in its plug allowing it to function.

I'll have to leave a pair of shoes behind to fit in my wifes hair dryer in my suitcase!!

On 10/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, Pine Man said:

Thanks for that, I hadn't considered the voltage of the hair dryer.

So, anybody on Britannia at the moment that can check out the voltage of the hairdryer or, probably, any of the older P&O ships that probably have the same hairdryers.

It is the American 2 pin. You can switch between 110 and 240. On 110 it will dry nothing .