So expensive!!!!!!!!!

lindleyjulie

Cant believe the prices of the hotels in FLL, did not take this into consideration when booking cruise, took an extra three days as flights from UK were cheaper but it will end up costing me more as have three nights hotel to book, 24 & 25 march & 2 april. Found a hotel in FLL called El Palacio has anybody stayed here? seems there are a lot of dumps and bad areas, cnsidering staying in miami anybody any info on good basic accomadation in a good area? Or does anybody need a cleaning lady for three nights!!!! ha ha:eek: thank you in anticapation of your replies.

Found a hotel in FLL called El Palacio has anybody stayed here?

It was a Holiday Inn at one time but could not maintain the HI standards. Not a nice hotel, pass on it. Your traveling at a peak period for South Florida. Are you cruising out of Ft Lauderdale or Miami? Try Kayak.com and see what comes up.;)

Can't help you on your choice.

But I can tell you that between this past fall's hurricanes and some of the hotels doing massive renovations, the prices are going up everyhwere. Plus you are looking at the high season for cruisers in Ft Lauderdale. Doubt if you will find anything cheaper in Miami.

You can get the Amerisuites thru valuetrips for $99 weekdays and $109 weekends. Although there are some unhappy posters on this board, we enjoyed our stay, and they offer free shuttles and complementary breakfast. For the amount of time you'll be in town you may want to check sunny.org or look into hotels in Hollywood

First of all "Welcome to America". It is sad but true. Either you are going in prime time or the hurricane damage. Are you renting a car? If so you might try further out for 2 nights and pay the higher price for the last night before your cruise. Just log onto the Florida map and look around. You may try priceline or Hotels.com or individual chains of hotels.

Good luck, Sweetie, and regardless of what you find, have a wonderful time.

Cathy p

We booked the Holiday Inn across the street from the beach for $50 on priceline.com when other Fort Lauderdale hotels were charging over $300 per night. We rented a car at FLL, and returned it and had a complimentary bus ride to the ship. This was the week prior to Christmas-----also high season. Enjoy your vacation and cruise!!!!!!!!

Kay

you all sure are lovely peeps, you have given me loads to go on. Can you believe I won this cruise on a lottery on the Volendam 04 I decided to upgrade as it was free to a balcony, £200pp, flights £300pp, now hotels still I now we are going to have an amazing time and we decided to leave the kids at home (even better). After reading these boards I am just so scared of booking something dirty, this is our tenth year in the states usually orlando and a week gulf coast Captiva or Sarasota last time we stayed at Gullwing on Fort Myers beach sheer luxury, I really cant see how a budget hotel charges $200pn and in orlando you can get a quality inn for $50pn and you know its basic but clean anyway once again I thank you I am looking forward to blue skys and calm seas on The Westerdam 03/26.

you all sure are lovely peeps, you have given me loads to go on. Can you believe I won this cruise on a lottery on the Volendam 04 I decided to upgrade as it was free to a balcony, £200pp, flights £300pp, now hotels still I now we are going to have an amazing time and we decided to leave the kids at home (even better).

Congrats on winning the cruise. That's very exciting. May I suggest you go to tripadvisor.com where you can read reviews from folks who've stayed in FLL and Miami hotels while also shopping around to see what kind of prices you'll be dealing with.

Enjoy!

Kathy

LindlyJulie,

If you are just looking for a simple hotel. We have stayed several times at the Choice Hotels. Comfort Inn on Federal & 17th St Causeway and the Sleep Inn in Dania on 5th Ave. (i prefer this one) Both pickup at the airport and deliver to cruiseport in Ft L. The Sleep Inn has free PC w/internet access and a nice breakfast. Clean, quiet and comfortable for a sensible price around $80-110.

You can still stay in Ft. Myers and / or Orlando and drive down the day of the cruise. High season is still expensive no matter what year.

Amerisuites is still the best value in the area for close to the port.

Good luck, read all the ideas here then decide., MaryAnn

hello

we stayed in FLL three days before our cruise.

We stayed at the Bahia Mar which was being repaired from the storm. We bid on Priceline for 109. but DON'T let them put you across from the main entrance its filty and stinks. I told them it was not a four star hotel that part anyway. The moved us to the main building on 8th floor nice. We took water taxi everywhere. do that and get off and on all day for 7.00 pp

Be sure to get water taxi map inside of hotel.

there are people on these boards that can help you find a hotel I know Trents and Bequita(hope this is right)is somewhere around.

Have fun

I have still found http://www.placestostay.com is the best site for booking cheap hotels. I stay in a Naples hotel for business about every 6 weeks - Hotels.com and Travelocity have it for $399 a night - Placestostay gives it to me for $149. They also have a really good website to see what you are getting. I also check sidestep.com that will check with all consolidators to see if they have better rates.

Archived