Coco Cay with a toddler, many questions incl rental of beds, strollers, water temp etc

Choozin Croozin

We (ds, dil, gd-almost 3yo, dh and myself) will be stopping at Coco Cay in early March 2023. I am really looking forward to our day. Right now I have rented a day bed at South Beach and 1 at Breezy Bay at Chill Island.(Not sure which is better-plus age restriction)  My reasoning for the day bed is to give my gd a place to take a nap (so we don't have to make the long trek back to the ship for nap time) and to give my dh and I a little more shade as I don't like a lot of sun and dh has to stay out because of multiple skin cancers. I have seen many videos and pictures and have never seen toddlers or strollers. 1) Are there strollers to use or do we need to bring our own as it seems like a lot of walking, even with the tram. I booked breezy bay first then found south bay later. Breezy Bay says minimum age is 4, South Bay doesn't say anything. 2) Anyone know why the minimum age is 4 and do they enforce? Would South Beach be a good alternative? I know it is away from everything. 3) Because is is early March, I am assuming the ocean will be chilly? Are the pools heated?  4) Because they allow 4 people per bed, do you think they will also count the toddler? 

Anything additional you can add would be helpful. I will also cross post this on the 'private island" forum too. Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 4:20 PM, Choozin Croozin said:

1) Are there strollers to use or do we need to bring our own as it seems like a lot of walking, even with the tram. I booked breezy bay first then found south bay later. Breezy Bay says minimum age is 4, South Bay doesn't say anything. 2) Anyone know why the minimum age is 4 and do they enforce? Would South Beach be a good alternative? I know it is away from everything. 3) Because is is early March, I am assuming the ocean will be chilly? Are the pools heated?  4) Because they allow 4 people per bed, do you think they will also count the toddler? 

Anything additional you can add would be helpful. I will also cross post this on the 'private island" forum too. Thank you!

1. I've seen a couple, although I'm not sure where they had come from. Those strollers had very wide wheels - no other way to traverse the sand. 

2. South beach has a sharp depth drop-off about 2 feet into the water. I would explicitly not go there with a child.

3. Yes, the ocean may be cooler, and no, pools are not heated.

4. Can't help here, however in general RCCL counts every head separately.

On 11/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, Rysyonok said:

1. I've seen a couple, although I'm not sure where they had come from. Those strollers had very wide wheels - no other way to traverse the sand. 

2. South beach has a sharp depth drop-off about 2 feet into the water. I would explicitly not go there with a child.

3. Yes, the ocean may be cooler, and no, pools are not heated.

4. Can't help here, however in general RCCL counts every head separately.

Thank you so much for your responses. I really appreciate your insight.