CPS Parking

mike30542

7 hours ago, mike30542 said:

What happens with my luggage when I checking car  in to CPS?

Do porters take it to the terminal or do I have to do it  myself?

When we sailed from the Ocean cruise terminal in July the CPS car receiving point was some distance away from the main terminal (roughly 50 yards ?) and it was necessary for us to wheel our bags over to the terminal building ourselves.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

They are not stored there for the duration of your cruise. What happens to all the other cars using CPS whilst your away. The car park where you pick your car up is not big enough for that number of cruises. They are stored in secure compound and then returned to that car park ready for your disembarkation.

Thanks for telling me, yes it makes sense.  And it explains the meccano multi-story car parks floating around the area, some of those could be imports too I guess.  I wonder what the modal split is on a typical cruise of car / coach / train / other arrivals.  That said the mileage on my wheels didn't go up so it hasn't gone far.  I didn't deliberately note it other than celebrating ticking over to a round figure

Edited by Red Leicester

6 hours ago, Red Leicester said:

We're not arguing.  My disembarkation window was 07:30 - 07:45, they let us off as soon as everything was secured, CPS were open at 06:55, pretty much right away from there, greens all the way.  Easy, smooth.

Granted we're lucky we can take ourselves off, but those windows for disembarking yourself are "generous".  I don't know what happens if I'm still aboard at 07:46.

Can't imagine wanting to get off that early !  

Cup of tea in the cabin, then breakfast in the buffet,  and stroll to the car 8:30 or so. Nice and leisurely,  and then stop at Tesco Newbury for morning coffee. No rush.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Cup of tea in the cabin, then breakfast in the buffet,  and stroll to the car 8:30 or so. Nice and leisurely,  and then stop at Tesco Newbury for morning coffee. No rush.

The reason is Mrs RL wanting to get home to see the cat and release her folks to go home from cat-sitting!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

We always do the self disembarkation.  We have a cup of coffee in the cabin then go down to the deck which is being used for disembarkation to wait for the doors to open, pick up the car keys from CPS, get on the road stopping at Warwick services (just over half way home) for something to eat and drink.

We don't like to hang around the ship once the cruise is over.

• Like 2