HELP!... need your advice on Shore Ex. for Panama Cruise in April aboard Galaxy??????

bradhere

I just did the Panama Canal by Ferry Excursion and thought it was great. You get to see some of the wildlife on the way to the ferry, and then you get to see all the rest of the locks, all the way to the Pacific. It was absolutely wonderful. I will post a review soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on this cruise a couple weeks ago and we did the Pan. Canal by Train and Bus tour. I really enjoyed it, we got to see a lot of the country which is one reason why we choose the train and bus versus the ferry. With the ferry I believe you only really see the locks themselves, but with the train you get a look at Colon, Balboa, a lot of the wildlife and countryside, a lot of the old army bases, the bridge of the americas, go over the continental divide, see the Pacific Ocean (I think you see the Pacific on the ferry as well). We also stopped at the Miraflores Locks and Observation Center were we saw a nice movie on the canal and got a good look at those locks. The train is a very nice train, has A/C, you get a nice boxed lunch. The bus is your typical tour bus. If you are debating on which tour to do, this one wont be around much longer. The company that owns the train is thinking about discontinuing the tour and going only to commerical uses. They can make a lot more money by sending cargo on the train versus using for tourism. We debated for a long time on which to do, we decided because we wanted to see more than the locks and that we would get a good view of the locks when we went through them in the ship, that the Train and Bus tour would be better. I was very glad we choose the one we did. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Archived