Bidding for shows and dinner

dpepper64

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I have been on all of those ships and no pre-booking of shows was ever offered.

You've been on Breakaway Plus ships? (Escape, Bliss, Encore, Joy). Did them four times between 2016 and 2019 and pre booking of the two main shows and comedy was offered each time.

• Thanks 1

I think we should all remember to emphasize how displeased we are with this issue on those post-cruise surveys.  I am hoping that the lack of advance booking for shows will end soon as cruising returns to normal.  To the best of my remembrance, in "the before times" we booked shows online in advance on the larger/newer ships (due to capacity v. theater size) but it was not needed or offered on the older/smaller ships. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

I think we should all remember to emphasize how displeased we are with this issue on those post-cruise surveys.  I am hoping that the lack of advance booking for shows will end soon as cruising returns to normal.  To the best of my remembrance, in "the before times" we booked shows online in advance on the larger/newer ships (due to capacity v. theater size) but it was not needed or offered on the older/smaller ships. 

I am not displeased at all.  No problem for me booking shows once on board.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:15 AM, Gladys Kravitz said:

From what I hear about The Prima and passengers not being able to get in to the shows or even the comic, bidding on a spot in the audience may not be that far off. 😞 

There was no problem booking shows on the Prima last week. But you had to make an effort to reserve them when you embarked, versus heading to the bar and getting your free drinks. This is no different that any NCL big ship or Royal Caribbean big ship, for that matter. 

13 minutes ago, OhJinkies said:

Can I reserve dining in advance for my FAS Specialty restaurants? I thought I had to wait until boarding before reserving. I'm about 120 days out from my Epic cruise.

You can reserve exactly 120 days before embarkation. 12 midnight NCL Time (Miami time - Eastern Time, USA). And you need to make your reservations exactly 120 days in advance for the best times since Haven and priority guests start booking 10 days and 5 days prior to that. The online system only takes reservations. It does not ask you how you intend to pay for dinner (FAS dinner, platinum vouchers, room charge) - that decision is made at time of dining. 

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You can reserve exactly 120 days before embarkation. 12 midnight NCL Time (Miami time - Eastern Time, USA). And you need to make your reservations exactly 120 days in advance for the best times since Haven and priority guests start booking 10 days and 5 days prior to that. The online system only takes reservations. It does not ask you how you intend to pay for dinner (FAS dinner, platinum vouchers, room charge) - that decision is made at time of dining. 

Hmmmm.... I'm Platinum, so I'm going to check that out!
If not... looks like that's the same as my final payment due date, which is this Saturday! So I'll get up early to book. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, OhJinkies said:

Hmmmm.... I'm Platinum, so I'm going to check that out!
If not... looks like that's the same as my final payment due date, which is this Saturday! So I'll get up early to book. Thanks!

As a platinum guest, your bookings will open at 125 days. Use that time to get the best days (sea days) and times for your dinners. 

As a platinum member, you should be booking your two platinum dinners (valid at any restaurant) and your FAS dinner(s)

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Edited by BirdTravels

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

As a platinum guest, your bookings will open at 125 days. Use that time to get the best days (sea days) and times for your dinners. 

As a platinum member, you should be booking your two platinum dinners (valid at any restaurant) and your FAS dinner(s)

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Thanks - I hope you're right. My planner shows 126 days to go!

12 hours ago, OhJinkies said:

Thanks - I hope you're right. My planner shows 126 days to go!

UPDATE: I got my reservations in this morning. I also reviewed my Platinum benefits, and I found out I have two additional specialty dining options, so YAY!! I now have four speciality dining reservations. Thanks for the heads-up, BirdTravels!!