Juneau excursions - June 2023

csrsue

Hi.

Going on a Royal Alaskan cruise in June 2023.  The Royal excursions for Juneau are either sold out or something we wouldn't care to do.  I'm looking for ideas for excursions with an outside company and/or to do on our own.  It will be me and my husband (mid 50s) and my sister and my brother (early 60s).   We're all pretty active.

Also is there a chance that Royal will add more excursions closer to the sail date?

Thanks!

I have no idea if Royal will ad more excursions, but our OP might consider using "google" to find the Juneau visitor's bureau.  All of the SE Alaska communities have visitor bureaus, and most (if not all) have downloadable visitor guides.  

While our OP hasn't mentioned their particular interests the Mt. Roberts tram doesn't need to be booked in advance.  The views are gorgeous on a clear day but not so great on a cloudy day so folks don't book in advance.  The Alaska State Museum is within easy walking distance for most, as is the Sealaska Heritage Institute.  And there will be kiosks on the docks selling walk-up excursions and transfers out to Mendenhall Glacier.

• 3 weeks later...