Opinion on forward Neptune suites

cabland

@Laminator I know you can't give it to me, but I'd do everything short of murder to know who your PCC is! Mine was assigned to me and I've had no success in getting it changed; every encounter is painful and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think she's related to (or maybe be the same person) as @dixiejen has. She actually sent me an email one time, in response to a message I'd sent her requesting a call to book a cruise, saying she was in Zoom meetings and was too busy. No joked I kept that message as a reminder of what Customer Service is NOT!

@dixiejenI hope you're successful in getting a new PCC and hope you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

5 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Laminator I know you can't give it to me, but I'd do everything short of murder to know who your PCC is! Mine was assigned to me and I've had no success in getting it changed; every encounter is painful and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think she's related to (or maybe be the same person) as @dixiejen has. She actually sent me an email one time, in response to a message I'd sent her requesting a call to book a cruise, saying she was in Zoom meetings and was too busy. No joked I kept that message as a reminder of what Customer Service is NOT!

@dixiejenI hope you're successful in getting a new PCC and hope you enjoy your cruise!

I wish I could help you. She came thru for me again last week. I added my son onto my booking and his GF onto my wife's booking on a 9 day cruise. She was able to get them the HIA package for $574 total. $287 per person when it should have been $450 per person. 

15 minutes ago, Laminator said:

I wish I could help you. She came thru for me again last week. I added my son onto my booking and his GF onto my wife's booking on a 9 day cruise. She was able to get them the HIA package for $574 total. $287 per person when it should have been $450 per person. 

Wow - You're killing me!! Genuinely happy for you; if this weren't so painful, it would be funny. Below is the most recent issue, one in a loooong list...

I am trying to get a deposit moved over from a booking my PCC did that HAL cancelled (they pulled the ship to do a charter that week) that I didn't know was canceled until I called in to ask why it had disappeared from my Navigator. I was told she has to do it and she should have sent me the email they sent out in April - April?!?! I have called and emailed her - she sent an email saying she's busy in Zoom meetings and can't be reached for a few days. I saved the email in hopes I'll one day find someone at HAL sympathetic to my situation. In the meantime, HAL is selling cabins for the alternate date...

Ok, now that I vented, back to this conversation. Your experience highlights the value of a good PCC and the importance of maintaining a good relationship with them. Congrats on winning the lottery!!

9 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Wow - You're killing me!! Genuinely happy for you; if this weren't so painful, it would be funny. Below is the most recent issue, one in a loooong list...

I am trying to get a deposit moved over from a booking my PCC did that HAL cancelled (they pulled the ship to do a charter that week) that I didn't know was canceled until I called in to ask why it had disappeared from my Navigator. I was told she has to do it and she should have sent me the email they sent out in April - April?!?! I have called and emailed her - she sent an email saying she's busy in Zoom meetings and can't be reached for a few days. I saved the email in hopes I'll one day find someone at HAL sympathetic to my situation. In the meantime, HAL is selling cabins for the alternate date...

Ok, now that I vented, back to this conversation. Your experience highlights the value of a good PCC and the importance of maintaining a good relationship with them. Congrats on winning the lottery!!

I am sorry you are having so many issues. 

• Thanks 1

Over the holidays 2022-2023, we had a signature suite guarantee and ended up in one of the far forward (SZ?) suites on the Nieuw Amsterdam (5002, I believe).  To say I hated it is not too strong.  When we booked the cruise, that suite was booked, so I naively assumed we would get a regular SS.  Not the case.  The room is very oddly shaped, the verandah is also oddly shaped, the railing is mostly metal, the desk/vanity is right by the door and has virtually no view of the ocean, the dresser under the forward-facing window has things permanently affixed to the top (art pieces), so you can't even spread out on it, and the wind when underway made it impossible to even open the door to the verandah much less go out on it.  Add to this that you have to close your curtains at dark so that your lights don't interfere with the view from the bridge.    On the plus side the bathroom was divine and the best we've ever had on a Pinnacle class ship.  I would sooner cancel a cruise than sail in that cabin or similar again.  In the daytime it was no better than an ocean view and at night it was essentially an inside cabin.  And since I work while traveling, setting up shop at the desk by the door with no view of the water was really disappointing.  Please know that I am a major Holland America fan, 5*, and normally giddy with excitement when on a cruise.  I seldom complain at all about our cabin, but this was truly awful.  

Edited by NRFBQN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@NRFBQN those should not sold as NS, IMO. Or if they are, should be as obstructed view, since there is not a "limited use" category. 

I trust you made your dissatisfaction known both onboard and in the survey. Further hope someone from HAL followed up.

I agree that these suites should likely not be Neptunes. HOWEVER, put me in the camp of liking them in the proper circumstances. We had one (knowingly) on NS last October repositioning from Quebec City to Ft Lauderdale. We thought that since there was a good chance of not-the-best weather, we probably wouldn't use the balcony much. We loved the forward-facing window, and the shower is the best we've ever had. We almost accidentally booked one on the Koningsdam, but changed that in a hurry when we discovered there was no forward window and the bathroom was small, and single-sinked. You'll want to carefully check the deck plans to be sure. Another plus to that sailing was that we also had the very best cabin stewards EVER in ~25 cruises. 

• Thanks 1