Irie Tours

ssbeard1

We were a multigenerational family of 8.  By the time everyone decided they wanted to all do something together as a group (I’d asked them for months for a decision) it was too late to find a private tour (I tried).  We booked with Irie.   The bus driver/guide did a great job and we learned so much.   That said, it wasn’t any different than a ship sponsored tour - full bus, taking pictures as you drove by, timed stops.  I prefer small groups or private tours.   We pulled over to see the flamingos, 45 minute stop for snorkeling with turtles (actually closer to 30 with getting off bus, getting snorkel gear, walking to beach, then that in reverse), 2 hr beach stop, then visit to caves (very rushed, unimpressive to us, and no pics allowed (except in one area).   I would recommend Irie though - I would just look for private or small group first.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 7:34 AM, ssbeard1 said:

We were a multigenerational family of 8.  By the time everyone decided they wanted to all do something together as a group (I’d asked them for months for a decision) it was too late to find a private tour (I tried).  We booked with Irie.   The bus driver/guide did a great job and we learned so much.   That said, it wasn’t any different than a ship sponsored tour - full bus, taking pictures as you drove by, timed stops.  I prefer small groups or private tours.   We pulled over to see the flamingos, 45 minute stop for snorkeling with turtles (actually closer to 30 with getting off bus, getting snorkel gear, walking to beach, then that in reverse), 2 hr beach stop, then visit to caves (very rushed, unimpressive to us, and no pics allowed (except in one area).   I would recommend Irie though - I would just look for private or small group first.  

Do you know the name of the tour you did? There are a couple on their website.