beach towels

runrgrl

It would be easier to answer your questions if we knew which cruiseline.:)

Carnival, for instance, has towels for use on deck by the pools. They have different beach towels in your cabin, with a note that these are for taking ashore. Be aware that if your towel is lost or stolen, you will be charged $22 on your Sail & Sign account.

I take a thin WalMart beach towel ($4) on shore. It takes up very little space in my luggage. If it gets lost, not a big deal. Also - the ship's beach towels are large and bulky. One of those towels would fill my tote bag, so my small one is much easier to deal with. Also - it dries before I get back to the ship!:)

Every cruise I've been on (see list below) provided beach towels to take ashore. All claim to track them to make sure you don't steal them, not sure if they do or not. In any event when you get back from the beach leave them for the steward and he'll replace them with clean fresh ones for your next beach trip.

....are a sure sign Princess is in town. On all of our Princess cruises you have two towels in your cabin that you can use ashore, bring back to your room and have them exchanged for fresh towels by your cabin steward.

Archived