Royal Bermuda Covid Test vs Celebrity & Govt Requirements

uday23

Hello,

Recently noticed per the Govt of Bermuda COVID testing is not required for cruises visiting at or after October 25, 2022. However Royal Caribbean's website it still shows a requirement for a COVID test....Called and they confirmed a testing requirement.

After looking at Celebrity Cruises website and their website is correct not requiring a COVID test after Oct 25. Does anyone know when the requirement for Royal Caribbean cruises with a port stop in Bermuda will be removed?

Thank you!

Royal Caribbean Required Testing to Bermuda:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

Government of Bermuda Testing

https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

Celebrity Testing Bermuda:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/bermuda-travel-requirements

13 hours ago, uday23 said:

After looking at Celebrity Cruises website and their website is correct not requiring a COVID test after Oct 25. Does anyone know when the requirement for Royal Caribbean cruises with a port stop in Bermuda will be removed?

When they get around to it. How would anyone on CC know? They don't have to do anything. Royal can set a requirement beyond Bermuda's.They can't require less but they can require more. 

Edited by Charles4515

14 hours ago, uday23 said:

Hello,

Recently noticed per the Govt of Bermuda COVID testing is not required for cruises visiting at or after October 25, 2022. However Royal Caribbean's website it still shows a requirement for a COVID test....Called and they confirmed a testing requirement.

Thank you!

Royal Caribbean Required Testing to Bermuda:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

Government of Bermuda Testing

https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

Celebrity Testing Bermuda:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/bermuda-travel-requirements

We're scheduled to sail to Bermuda on October 29th and RCL sent an email yesterday stating they require the negative test to sail which is so frustrating as a passenger especially when you're a big family/group. I hope they change their language soon to avoid this confusion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheets2003 said:

We're scheduled to sail to Bermuda on October 29th and RCL sent an email yesterday stating they require the negative test to sail which is so frustrating as a passenger especially when you're a big family/group. I hope they change their language soon to avoid this confusion.

Royal Caribbean has everything automated, email reminders, their call centers are bascicly human robots reading from a script. I think they will change their language before your sailing but don't be surprised if they wait until the last minute. That is why I say  they will do it when they get around to it. They don't see the urgency. Hate to sound cynical  but I don't think they really care if customers are confused. Never seen any evidence they do. Their call centers are the worst. Changed language is probably being vetted by their legal. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Royal Caribbean has everything automated, email reminders, their call centers are bascicly human robots reading from a script. I think they will change their language before your sailing but don't be surprised if they wait until the last minute. That is why I say  they will do it when they get around to it. They don't see the urgency. Hate to sound cynical  but I don't think they really care if customers are confused. Never seen any evidence they do. Their call centers are the worst. Changed language is probably being vetted by their legal. 

You are absolutely right!! I am with their call center for the last 1 hour and they're just a bunch of robots. I'm really going to think twice before giving RCL anymore business

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 11:39 AM, Charles4515 said:

When they get around to it. How would anyone on CC know? They don't have to do anything. Royal can set a requirement beyond Bermuda's.They can't require less but they can require more. 

Charles, thanks for contributing zero information. Yes we are aware of this of course 😁

On 10/14/2022 at 2:38 PM, sheets2003 said:

You are absolutely right!! I am with their call center for the last 1 hour and they're just a bunch of robots. I'm really going to think twice before giving RCL anymore business

Exactly! Every time you call they simply read from the website unfortunately and offer no way to truly escalate a question for further investigation  🙃

On 10/14/2022 at 12:32 PM, sheets2003 said:

Yes, this is exactly what I am referring to. It seems they know the requirement will go away at some point and have failed to communicate!

Even a call to the help line at the Bermuda government states they no longer require testing for your cruise arrival date (we all know the cruise line does not want testing otherwise it'd still be around for other itineraries).

Hopefully they'll provide an update soon for all!

Edited by uday23

On 10/15/2022 at 4:24 PM, uday23 said:

Yes, this is exactly what I am referring to. It seems they know the requirement will go away at some point and have failed to communicate!

Even a call to the help line at the Bermuda government states they no longer require testing for your cruise arrival date (we all know the cruise line does not want testing otherwise it'd still be around for other itineraries).

Hopefully they'll provide an update soon for all!

Have you scheduled test appointments? I am in such a dilemma with sailing just 10 more days away. RCL needs to hurry up with their communication to reflect what the Government of Bermuda needs

On 10/19/2022 at 12:18 PM, sheets2003 said:

Have you scheduled test appointments? I am in such a dilemma with sailing just 10 more days away. RCL needs to hurry up with their communication to reflect what the Government of Bermuda needs

I would honestly use eMed so you can complete your testing at home. Have used it in the past and it was very easy...

Looks like the Enchantment is the forgotten ship. The October 29th sailing is the only Royal Caribbean ship/sailing effected by the rule change. With 5 days to sailing, royal has yet to drop the requirement, but all other cruise lines have. 

• Like 1