Which waterslides are operational?

Not understanding the point of gathering the info on a forum like this. Yesterday's broken slide could be up and running an hour ago if the captain allocated the engineering resources.

I think it would be good to know which slides are chronically down, that would help to manage expectations - especially for those with kids that are counting on it.

On my Liberty cruise, the slide was down for a day while they worked on something with the pump, up the other five days though - no big woop!

Spirit slide has been non-operational since well before drydock, and was not open on the first two cruises post-drydock per posts on this board. (Third cruise underway now, will have results from Devo after return.) The Capers put this in writing and the Jan. 11 one is posted on webshots. Apparently some Carnival employees have assured prospective passengers the slide IS working, when it has not for many months. This apparently has been an ongoing issue, not a day-to-day or quick repair problem.

I called carnival up, but they say that there is nothing wrong with any slide in the fleet...who knows what is going on if a drydock didn't fix it. However, I read that they are going to take those slides out. I heard there was a physics type problem where people would go really fast on the slide, and the landing area wouldn't stop people fast enough. I think if they put more water in the landing area, then the problem is solved. However, the end of the slide where water is over flowed into would need to be fixed...

Archived