Nieuw Statendam, Cabin VF8187

Sundowners

Hi,

We've been allocated VF8187 on the Nieuw Statendam. 

We're concerned that with it being directly beneath the Sea View Pool and its Bar, that it will be noisy.

Consequently the cabin is directly opposite the pool equipment space across the corridor and it also has an adjoining cabin....even more noise?

So, what is your advice here? Will this be noisy, as we expect, or with it being a "new" ship, will that problem be sorted out and we have little to worry about?

We'll wait for your replies before we contact our travel agent and ask for an upgrade.

Your advice is most welcome.

Cheers.

Edited by Sundowners

22 minutes ago, Sundowners said:

Hi,We've been allocated VF8187 on the Niew Statendam. 

We're concerned that with it being directly beneath the Sea View Pool and its Bar, that it will be noisy.

Consequently the cabin is directly opposite the pool equipment space across the corridor and it also has an adjoining cabin....even more noise?

So, what is your advice here? 

We'll wait for your replies before we contact our travel agent and ask for an upgrade.

Understand that I have never sailed on a Pinnacle Class ship (have three booked), but I used the cruisedeckplans.com Cabin Checker on your cabin, and it appears to fall directly under the boundary between the bar area and the SMOKING AREA. 

Here's the deal or at least it was on the (much smaller) Zaandam: The ship does not have a lot of smoking areas. Smokers will gather in this area -- many of them into the night, at least until after "last call" (getting a double at last call!) -- and many of them on the younger range of HAL ages. (I don't KNOW that this makes them louder! I never joined them!) After they do go to bed, the crew will drag the loungers around to clean and re-position. 

I have not heard that the pool equipment is a problem, and the connecting door is probably not a problem (unless you get a loud TV neighbour), but the noise above may likely be. You don't necessarily need much of an upgrade, a VE in the same aft area of Decks 5-6-or-7 would be enough to insulate you from the noise above.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

We got in touch with our Travel Agent who managed to have us upgraded and moved down one deck.

I'm glad I asked the question, and although just one person answered, her advice was spot on. Thanks again Crystalspin.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...