Excursion from Ravenna to Venice

screamin400

In May we will be doing a back to back that stops and starts in Revenna. We had hoped to get to Venice but ships no longer go there so that is out. Does anyone know of an excursion that could get us to Venice and back in time to make the second leg of the trip? I have emailed RC and they do not reply.

19 minutes ago, screamin400 said:

In May we will be doing a back to back that stops and starts in Revenna. We had hoped to get to Venice but ships no longer go there so that is out. Does anyone know of an excursion that could get us to Venice and back in time to make the second leg of the trip? I have emailed RC and they do not reply.

It seems unlikely. The journey is 2-3 hours each way. It would leave so little time in Venice it’s hard to see it being practical. Maybe a day or two in Venice, pre or post cruise is the solution. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

It seems unlikely. The journey is 2-3 hours each way. It would leave so little time in Venice it’s hard to see it being practical. Maybe a day or two in Venice, pre or post cruise is the solution. 

It sure seems like it would be rushed. Staying 3 days each in Greece and Barcelona. Then that work thingy gets right in the way....

Probably a huge disappointment not to see Venice, but if you stay in Ravenna there should be more than enough sights to fill your day.The mosaics are actually world famous. Lots of info and images online.

Perhaps you could work a short stay in Venice around a future trip?

You guys are saying exactly what I know but was hoping I was wrong somehow. Venice is a city I can never see just once. I will see it again even if I just fly there and stay a few days. Thanks everyone for confirming that this could not happen. I wanted to be sure before I wrote it off. 

1 hour ago, screamin400 said:

You guys are saying exactly what I know but was hoping I was wrong somehow. Venice is a city I can never see just once. I will see it again even if I just fly there and stay a few days. Thanks everyone for confirming that this could not happen. I wanted to be sure before I wrote it off. 

Best wishes for your trip and hope you get to Venice soon.  I came online to do research this morning for a trip we have out of Ravenna next May.  I had no idea it was 2-3 hours from Venice!  We’ll have to make some changes so we don’t miss the ship!  LOL, my DW will be surprised. 

5 hours ago, screamin400 said:

What is your first stop on the second cruise?  If it's reachable by train from Venice you could check in, leave most of your stuff on the ship, then go to Venice for the night and catch up with the ship at the first port.

On 10/16/2022 at 6:42 AM, screamin400 said:

It's so disappointing they don't go to Venice anymore isn't it? (I understand their arguments just saying it's disappointing).  When my mom died in 2017, I planned my first ever Mediterranean cruise and trip overseas because I decided life was too short to wait.  Boy am I glad I did! I was away for 19 days, had an overnight cruise stop in Venice, and packed in so many different countries it was amazing.  Then Covid hit - so I am forever grateful I took the plunge to go when I did.