Mardi Gras Feb 2023 Restaurant Fees

laurieberg

I am sailing on Mardi Gras in Feb 2023. On my planner it lists Pig and Anchor, Chibang, and Cucina Del Capitals all as having a fee. Do the fees for those restaurants start in 2023. Everyone that has posted said they were complimentary 

As of April of this year, Carnival brand ambassador John Heald said that those three venues would remain complimentarily "for the foreseeable future."

I haven't heard anything about plans to start charging for them on Mardi Gras, but of course everything is subject to change.

April 2022 article about it: https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-specialty-restaurants-to-remain-free-mardi-gras-cruise/

9 hours ago, laurieberg said:

I am sailing on Mardi Gras in Feb 2023. On my planner it lists Pig and Anchor, Chibang, and Cucina Del Capitals all as having a fee. Do the fees for those restaurants start in 2023. Everyone that has posted said they were complimentary 

They have shown as "additional" on the Carnival website since the ship launched and they still say 'additional' on the website today. They were originally scheduled to be an additional fee, Cucina is an additional $10 I believe on all other Carnival ships. Not sure why they've never updated the site, but as noted by the previous poster, John Heald did say those venues would remain complimentary on the ship for the foreseeable future. I honestly can't see them charging for those venues ever if they want to manage the dinner crowds on those ships.