Testing positive for COVID month or so before sailing

Cruiseoholic000

17 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Which honestly makes no sense as you CAN get COVID more than once.

It makes sense for 2 reasons:
If you can still test positive from a previous infection, a new infection can't be identified or distinguished from other ailments.  Hate to be quarantined because of an actual cold or something else. 
The likelihood of contracting covid within 60 days of a previous infection is small.  If you just had it, there's little chance of getting it again onboard. 

Best to protect yourself from unnecessary quarantine. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2022 at 5:22 PM, tartantiara said:

My DH and I were both positive on Summit cruise 23rd and 26th September respectively. We are going on a TA on 31st October when we need a proctored antigen test. I have a certificate from Celebrity with my initial positive test but husband never received one. I also have a negative test from them but husband hasn’t as he was still positive on last day of cruise. Where will we be able to get a certificate of recovery ? 

certificate of recovery  you get from your GP.  You will need a PCR test before he/she will type it up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruiseoholic000 said:

certificate of recovery  you get from your GP.  You will need a PCR test before he/she will type it up.

I was just looking into this , and surprisingly, Celebrity's site now says  PCR or Antigen. But it still has to be "official" and  documented. 

Screenshot_20221020-223131_kindlephoto-172093304.png

I checked up on this and you can only get a certificate of recovery if you tested positive with a NHS test, as ours was on the Summit it will not be accepted.

We are just going to get the lateral flow tests done again and at least we shouldn’t be positive so soon after covid