What color shoes w/navy blue dress?

Sayyadina

What are you wearing for accessories?

For my navy evening gown, I wear silver sandals.

For navy business attire, if it's a suit I wear navy pumps. If it's my navy and whie polka dot tea length dress, I wear either white sandals or navy sandals.

I also have a navy sheath that I accent with a red shawl. You guessed it.... red shoes.........I love them!

Someone in another thread similar to this one said that they heard you shouldn't wear shoes lighter in color than the hemline of your dress. I'm with that opinion. I've never liked that look.

I have a navy blue silk floor-length skirt that I have worn with a white silk blouse for formal nights on a couple of cruises. I was lucky to find a pair of navy shoes (I believe they're called D'Orsay cut? Neither pumps nor sandals) that match closely enough that they just sort of blend in.

I feel the lighter colors would draw too much attention to my feet.

Navy is one of the "new" neutrals, meaning it can be paired with quite a few other colors. If you're feeling bold and adventurous, what about pairing it with hot pink or lime green dress shoes? Or to play it safe, go with straw-colored or beige sandals. I agree with the others that silver is very pretty w/Navy too.

If you go with a bold choice, wear it like you mean it and strut your stuff! 90% of looking good is confidence.

I'm planning on wearing it with a silk velvet burn-out shawl in soft black and burgundy, not sure on jewelry yet. The dress itself is soooo dark navy that I always have to look at it against something black to make sure it IS navy. I will keep my eyes open for some shoes. Thanks!

Sayyadina,

Given the dark tones of the entire outfit, I'd definitely stick to something dark for the shoes. Dark navy can be found in many stores. Even something black or burgundy to go with your shawl sounds like it would work.

BTW, we were just on the Maasdam at the holidays and absolutely loved it!! I'm sure you'll have a great cruise!

Archived