Azamara announces its' return to Venice in 2023

Cruizer Bill

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/28517-azamara-announces-its-return-to-venice-in-2023.html

They will stop at Chioggia and Fusina.  Both cities are inside the Venetian Lagoon but looks like they will require a bus ride to get into Venice.  Both stops are much closer than Ravenna or Trieste.  Perhaps someone will come up with a boat ride to St. Marks Square?

3 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I could be wrong, but Fusina looks pretty close. Why couldn’t they tender in?

There’s a ferry from Fusina to Venice, website says it takes about 30 minutes and the cost is only €2.

• Like 1

Bill, lovely seeing you posting! Don't know if you are going or not, but Sandie and I actually spent a day in Chioggia, many, many moons ago when we lived in Padova. Dinky little sea side fishing village just south of the lagoon on the mainland. (This goes back to the mid 70's, so who knows, they may have a Trump Tower and gambling center, though I doubt it). We were out for a day with out neighbors, and followed the Brenta canal to the end. I remember a lovely lunch there. Very Venetian, without being in venice, and certainly worth spending a few hours there. Send my best to Diana, we are off to Dubai end of November, Azamara to India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Singapore then B2B to Western Australia. Then the Indian-Pacific train from Perth to Sydney, leaving on Christmas, and finish with Celebrity from Sydney to Auckland beginning on Jan 2. We get home on Jan 18, Sandie is off to her sewing/quilting retreat on the 19th. I'll be going to bed. You folks take care. Dear moderator, sorry it this is a tad off topic, but Bill is an old cruising buddy. We cruised together out of Rome last Fall just as Azamara was restarting.