Atlantis submarine

cruise.mode

After reading positive accounts of the Atlantis Submarine tour, I decided to book it directly with their office. We booked the Atlantis Submarine Expedition for $79 pp by booking it online. Their site is: www.atlantissubmarine.com which shows all the various tours that are offered. The submarine is 65ft, will dive to about 110 feet, and will hold 48 passengers and 3 crew. You pick up the tour by a short walk into town across from the Hard Rock Cafe, and payment is only due on the day of the tour. You then board a boat for a short trip to the sub. The entire tour lasts about 1 1/2 hours. Their office is very efficient and accommodating and will answer all questions. Their number is 800-887-8571. Hope this info helps.

We did the tour about 10 years ago - it was great fun. You take a tender from the dock to the sub and get a pre-boarding lecture. You then climb into the sub (if you're not the first tour of the day, the people on board disembark first) and off you go. As I recall, it had a two bench seats and you looked out either the port or the starboard side, but I could be wrong on that. You travel forward from about 30 feet along the reef to nearer the wall at about 100 feet, then return.

I cannot speak to the present state of the reef but I don't recall hearing about much reef damage in the storms.

Archived