Drinks in hand luggage?

PhilE123

23 minutes ago, jrmende63 said:

In keeping with the Alcohol and spirits theme, Where would I buy Gin and Tonic, mixers and beer in Southampton? 

As Wowzz says, check Google for shops that would be convenient to you and where you stay before you board. I'm not sure if you are a frequent visitor to the UK, but all shops that have an alcohol licence will generally sell all types of alcohol. It's not like some US states where liquor is sometimes sold separately.

Bear in mind that the allowance per passenger is 1 litre of wine, Champagne, beer, spirit, or liqueur. If you intend on taking beer then that will equate to just two three bottles/cans, depending on the size.

Edited by TigerB
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

In keeping with the Alcohol and spirits theme, Where would I buy Gin and Tonic, mixers and beer in Southampton? 

If you're nut fussed about brand names, there's a Lidl on the high street.

Small Tesco Express on the High Street, and there's a small food mall in the basement of John Lewis.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Wolfman said:

Goodness me - if can afford the price of the ticket-cruise surely you can afford the price of a bottle of wine on the ship. 

But every little helps!

Buying a bottle ashore saves about £20, so taking a few onboard saves a fair bit of money that can be put towards speciality dining.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

But every little helps!

Buying a bottle ashore saves about £20, so taking a few onboard saves a fair bit of money that can be put towards speciality dining.

Exactly. And a fair amount of the onboard wine has the ability to be pretty cheap tasting.

It’s really nice to be able to have some of your own favourite tipple to start and end an evening onboard, esp. with friends on the balcony.

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 11:16 AM, The Wolfman said:

Goodness me - if can afford the price of the ticket-cruise surely you can afford the price of a bottle of wine on the ship. 

Rude..Yes I can afford a bottle of wine. I wanted Gin and mixers for the cabin. 

• Like 3